Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Amount of Lift

I never did a before and after measurement to see how much lift I actually gained when using the WJ V8 coil springs on my 98 TJ.

I have always been curious as to what this got me but have no clue on how to figure it out. After installing my Walker Evans Racing shocks the Jeep seems to be sitting a lot higher (at least the front as the rear shocks are not on yet - long story) than ever before.

Any ideas on where to measure and what the stock measurement should be so I can figure this out?

EDIT: please move this to short wheel base, I think this heat has fried my brain (what little there is left of it)
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

from the floor to the bottom of the rockers is 18" so if you are higher you have so much of lift
    Carlos

92 YJ
    GO VEGAN!
    volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

moved . . .

When I put the Fox Shox on there I gained 3/4 of an inch or so. If the Walker Evans shocks are gas charged then you probably gained some lift.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Ersatz, is the stock bottom of rocker 18 inches?
        I never measured untill I started putting heavy stuff on, then I started noticing lift diapearing
        next week I am having more work done so that I can recover some lift, I am interested in stock height so I can compare total lift
        also is there a measurement to frame? as I am finally puttin gon that 1 inch body lift I have had sitting gathering dust for the last 5 months
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by ersatz
          from the floor to the bottom of the rockers is 18" so if you are higher you have so much of lift
          Not sure what you mean by "from the floor".

Originally posted by Dukes69
          When I put the Fox Shox on there I gained 3/4 of an inch or so. If the Walker Evans shocks are gas charged then you probably gained some lift.
          Yes they are gas charged and now with the rears on it is a noticable change in height.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

from the exact floor below your feet, from level surface the floor to the bottom of your rocker on a stock jeep it is 18"
            Carlos

92 YJ
            GO VEGAN!

Comment

Originally posted by ersatz
              from the exact floor below your feet, from level surface the floor to the bottom of your rocker on a stock jeep it is 18"
              Thats what I thought. Now a stock Jeep has 27" tires?
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

si,
                Carlos

92 YJ
                GO VEGAN!

Comment

Nagal, are those the new Walker Evans Coil overs resovior shocks?
                  to cool
                  if they are can I come over and fondle thom?
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

is it just me or is it getting hot in here?
                    Carlos

92 YJ
                    GO VEGAN!

Comment

No they are not coilovers and not resoviors either. Just plan old gas charged fully rebuildable mono-tube shocks.

Think of them like a fox shock but they come with all the TJ mounts for those of us non-fabbing people.
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I can give one measurement I'm sure of. stock front spring height is 12"(top to bottom on level ground). 4" of lift should be 16" etc... not sure on the rear.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                          I can give one measurement I'm sure of. stock front spring height is 12"(top to bottom on level ground). 4" of lift should be 16" etc... not sure on the rear.
                          Spring height as in coil spring height not spring perch to perch? Either why produces a more accurate result as I do not have to worry about tire size and wear just how much sag are in my coils
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

as in from the top of the last upper wrap to the bottom of the last lower wrap. the height of the spring.
                            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Boy I cant wait to get home and pull out the tape measure!
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                              X