Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blkTJ
    I can give one measurement I'm sure of. stock front spring height is 12"(top to bottom on level ground). 4" of lift should be 16" etc... not sure on the rear.
    Sprung or unsprung height?

Nagal, you now have gas so your rear sits higher?
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
      Nagal, you now have gas so your rear sits higher?
      Thats pressurized gas so be careful, you never know when its going to go off!
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
        Thats pressurized gas so be careful, you never know when its going to go off!
        Usually going over bumps.

So if I have a 4" lift and 32" tires, and a 1" body lift, I should have 28" from floor to bottom of door? Crap, no wonder I need a running start to get in the damn thing.

But since I have beefy kick ass Rock-It Man rockers, I should subtract 1/2", and subtract 1" from the rear measurement because my rear tires are very worn, but don't subtract any from the front, because they're both new. And if Sally had 4 apples, and her dog ran away, it would take the train how long to get to the station?
        Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

4 minutes
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

So I measured this morning while doing some other stuff. Using the blkTJ Method of Lift Measurement (patent pending) I have 3.5" on the drivers side and about 3.25" on the passenger side. It has looked like the passenger side was sagging. Now I know
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
              4 minutes
              no!

exactly 3.386796767256263980121878666876097098097695764753 47648587687687684764764 minutes
              Carlos

92 YJ
              GO VEGAN!
              volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

I am going put the jeep in tuesday for the next to last step of the build. (last step will be the Nth degree stinger that will not affect height.)
                now I started out with a goal. but I had no idea that to acheave that goal I would be upgradeing the origonal lift.
                I think there should be a book written about building 4x4s and all the little left out items that have to go with them.
                Like adding weight and what it does to your lift, seems if you want to end up with a number of inches you need to start with a lift about 1 inch more than that.
                Also you start with a budget and find that each time you change something you should just throw that budget out the window. Everything affects everything else and you need to keep spending to correct what is affected.
                I am talking TJ here, My old 65 Cj was a breeze, just add longer shackles.
                anyway, when I get out I should have a bit more lift than I wanted so I can thow on a slightly larger tire. But then that affects gearing which was changed 6 months ago.
                AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAURGH.
                Looking back that Rubicon looks better every day. the expense of a TJ build is something we do not like to admit.

Comment

fortunately YJ's are much more simple,

decide SUA or SOA, go with 4" lift 33's want 35's TJ flares and 1" BL, and small shackle lift +4" lift

i love YJ's
                  Carlos

92 YJ
                  GO VEGAN!
                  volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

ok, so baving a body lift and not being able to go from the rocker, and having aftermarket bumpers and not being able to go from that I decided when I saw a stock wrangler today to drive up next to it and compare. So me and the wife pull up to a stock wrangler and as we are getting close I ask her to compare the heighth differences, we pull up and she looks down into the other jeep and ask me if it is fair to compare to a stock jeep. I said that was the entiore point to which she replied, "what is this a dick measureing contest?" I guess the guy in the jeep heard her because he looked up and said we had won.

Comment

we need someone with a stock TJ to measure the rear coil height just so we have a rear starting point as well.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Why don't we get someone with a stock jeep to measure the frame to ground, and the rocker to ground both behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel of a base modle jeep. (se)
                        this would give us a starting point to compare with
                        I ask for both because of suspension lifts and body lifts
                        I think we would have an interesting veiw of how all the mods added and subtracted from the origonal starting point.
                        A SE starts with 28 inch tires, you can get 30 inch or 32 inch tires with different packages, so all comapros would include tire lift if they had been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                          Why don't we get someone with a stock jeep to measure the frame to ground, and the rocker to ground both behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel of a base modle jeep. (se)
                          this would give us a starting point to compare with
                          I ask for both because of suspension lifts and body lifts
                          I think we would have an interesting veiw of how all the mods added and subtracted from the origonal starting point.
                          A SE starts with 28 inch tires, you can get 30 inch or 32 inch tires with different packages, so all comapros would include tire lift if they had been changed.
                          There are too many variables when you add tires into the equasion.....air pressure, wear, who manufactured the tires, etc. By measuring the spring height, you remove all variables, other than human error.
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

and body lift?
                            or spring spacers?
                            or BB?
                            or spring relocation brackets?
                            Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                              There are too many variables when you add tires into the equasion.....air pressure, wear, who manufactured the tires, etc. By measuring the spring height, you remove all variables, other than human error.
                              thank you for posting exactly what I was thinking as I read the previous post.
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Barker
                                and body lift?
                                or spring spacers?
                                or BB?
                                or spring relocation brackets?
                                I'm only concerned with a baseline for measuring suspension lift.

If I've added a 1" body lift I'm pretty certain the body will be 1" higher.

If I've relocated the spring brackets, I'm beyond caring what actual lift I'm getting and have just redesigned my suspension to work the way I want it to.
                                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X