Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are so many varibles that affect lift I was only wondering, My rear spring brakets have been relocated so I run different size springs in the front than I do in the rear, also weight takes from lift, tire size either adds or subtracts, etc.
    The base line is how high your frame is from the ground. or belly pan, Your diffs are only affected by tire size and center section design so you truely know where those are. but the lift of your skid plate is very important to you, if it was not then why do so many belly up kits get sold?
    Also frame height is very important, such as we try to get an obstruction to the side of the jeep not the middle, the height of this denotes what we can get up and over. Body lift , normally is for 2 reasons, so we can articulate bigger tires or so we can tuck our drive train up higher, I did it for the second reason, I have clearence for my tires.
    Another factor, and this goes into measureing your springs, as spring compression by load affects spring life, so we need to know our spring compression amount. Plus springs twisted by pinion angle change from lifts has a negative affect on springs.
    are the springs heavy duty or regualar duty will affect spring life with loads either carried or subjected to and crawling under a jeep to measure springs or simply measureing frame height is 2 different motivational subjects.
    I do agree that the guy putting in 2 inch spring spacers,
    or the guy doing a suspension lift with new control arms , track bars etc
    or the guy doing suspension lifts with more bells and whistles such as relocating springs, belling up, adding a 3 link and worring about steering angles;
    Are all after different ends to the build project, and each probably has a different style of wheeling reflected in the build.
    But the bottomline gets to what they can get up and over, and the breakover angle of the rig is a very important thing to all of them.
    I am in no way trying to argue this subject, only saying why I personally feel frame height is the issue.
    Last edited by Beatrice; 08-06-05, 11:20 PM.
    Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Originally posted by Barker
      I am in no way trying to argue this subject, only saying why I personally feel frame height is the issue.
      This thread was started to determine how much lift was gained by a certain set of springs (plus gas shocks) IIRC.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        This thread was started to determine how much lift was gained by a certain set of springs (plus gas shocks) IIRC.
        then I can see the point of the spring measure ment.
        I do have a question though, if you put front springs in the rear, do you need to fab ont hte spring seats? and if so, does that affect total lift?
        Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Working...
        X