Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wfhere can you order this U-turn stuff from, and what are they asking for iT?...
    That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Post #3 has an address. $650 + shipping.
      99TJ

Comment

$650 seems like an awful lot to spend on steering for an axle that possibly isn't up to the abuse... If you need 1.5" DOM steering, then I'm assuming that at least 35s, if not 37s are in the future? Why not just take the $ and apply towards a 44 with high steer knuckles and then you can run 1 ton hardware on that? Of course, I'm always looking at "opportunity costs" to justify my larger expenditures, and this one is a no brainer to me. If you want big steering, start with a big axle, or at least the one you will end up with! Just seems like a lot of money for a bracket and some DOM tubing... Or I suppose the setup Nailer has would be the same difference as a 44 when applied to a HP30. How much did you spend on that steering Erik, a couple hundred or so?
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

that is about right rick. well i bought a full stick of tubing to the tune of 200 bucks, and plan to sell the remaining section if someone else wants to make this steering.
          then i bought the rod ends which are about 20 bucks each except for the fancy one which is about 30 bucks.
          when i did this i built 2 sets so i would have a spare set, as i am quite sure no one would have any spares for me on the trail.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

just for the record... I take back the whole "Moab spotting" thing... that was kinda mean.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              just for the record... I take back the whole "Moab spotting" thing... that was kinda mean.

thanks!

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
                thanks!
                told ya he forgot the ""
                hehe
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

This will solve your steering woes..oh wait you can't buy this setup
                  ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                  00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                  97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by rick
                    $650 seems like an awful lot to spend on steering for an axle that possibly isn't up to the abuse... If you need 1.5" DOM steering, then I'm assuming that at least 35s, if not 37s are in the future? Why not just take the $ and apply towards a 44 with high steer knuckles and then you can run 1 ton hardware on that? Of course, I'm always looking at "opportunity costs" to justify my larger expenditures, and this one is a no brainer to me. If you want big steering, start with a big axle, or at least the one you will end up with! Just seems like a lot of money for a bracket and some DOM tubing... Or I suppose the setup Nailer has would be the same difference as a 44 when applied to a HP30. How much did you spend on that steering Erik, a couple hundred or so?
                    It's not so much that you need the Dom for the big tires, it's that you have a tendency to abuse the links with physical damage.

The stock TJ tie-rod is more than adequate and it's what, 3/4 .150 wall alloy tube? It will not bend under any amount of stress that the knuckles will withstand until you introduce a lateral impact of any kind. Then it folds like a soggy pancake.

The other issue is that Erik's option is not available to 98 percent of TJ owners as they lack the DIY fab skills to engineer around the passenger side spring and swaybar link mount. Trust me, the only way mine works is that I cheated and moved the spring buckets back and centered them over the axle tube. Most assuredly not for the faint hearted.
                    I am Savvy.

Comment

Working...
                    X