Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blkTJ
    sorry, I've been gone awhile, but I had to respond... you're damn lucky I don't ban you for that blatantly unfounded and absolutely wrong statement.

not only that... you better think twice about accepting a spot from me in Moab.

that is all.

Brian. :yay:
    i think brian forgot to add a ""
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I have a combo, the currie drag link and the poison spyder tie rod. All because my stock steering got bent like a coat hangar. If you compare the currie to the stock you can easily see how much stronger they are. It's like comparing a stick to a log.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

I have the currie steering set-up, never had any trouble with it...the info is for the guy who cam with me on the rubicon this year, John. He totalled the front end of his jeep and is looking for the best stuff out there to put it back together with.
        That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Bachman
          the info is for the guy who cam with me on the rubicon this year, John. He totalled the front end of his jeep and is looking for the best stuff out there to put it back together with.
          If he decides to go with Currie and you find a good source let me know, I could use a few things too. It's hard to find Currie stuff discounted, it's that good.

Regards, B&T TJ

Comment

sorry, I've been gone awhile, but I had to respond... you're damn lucky I don't ban you for that blatantly unfounded and absolutely wrong statement.

not only that... you better think twice about accepting a spot from me in Moab.

that is all.

Brian. :yay:
            Rubicon Express
            Full Traction
            PORC
            Central 4WD (in Sac.)
            2 Local 4wd shops
            and on and on.....

all said that they "liked" (read - in their opinion) the U-turn steering better than the Currie system.

So...you can take what they say, as I did, with a grain of salt and make your own judgement.

For me.. I had to cancel my Currie Steering System order, to get the U-Turn. we'll see how it all turns out.

Best,

FG

PS... remember I'm a janitor... I try not to make "unfounded" statements!

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
              I have a combo, the currie drag link and the poison spyder tie rod. All because my stock steering got bent like a coat hangar. If you compare the currie to the stock you can easily see how much stronger they are. It's like comparing a stick to a log.
              That's one of the setup ups I was thinking serously about.. you know I like PSC stuff. Ended up with the U-turn

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
                From talking to a bunch of different sources, the consensus is that the currie system isn't much better than stock.
                I'd like to know what comprised your consensus? Anyone who makes that statement is either a used car salesman or a moron with no experience.

There may be better systems depending on the criteria you use to define better.

But, to claim that solid, forged, heat treated chromemolley significantly larger in diameter and far stronger, as well as being resilient as "not much better than stock" is not only ludicrous, but false.

I dare any manufacturer to supply a stronger, easier to install, no hassle system for the TJ for less money.
                I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
                  Rubicon Express
                  Full Traction
                  PORC
                  Central 4WD (in Sac.)
                  2 Local 4wd shops
                  and on and on.....
                  I've dealt with folks from RE, I know someone frome FT, I've bought from C4WD and I can name 2 owners of 4wd shops that I think are morons.

I'm not impressed.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I've dealt with folks from RE, I know someone frome FT, I've bought from C4WD and I can name 2 owners of 4wd shops that I think are morons.

I'm not impressed.
                    what 2 owners?
                    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Which is why... when it came down to it... I made the best decision I could based on whatever information I could obtain.

As I've said... .five times before... only time will tell if it as a good or bad choice. The discussion regarding the U-Turn steering should be continued... hummm... maybe late summer.... when more "data" has been gathered.

Best,

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Is it me? Does this seem to be going a little off topic.

FG, comming south for the New Years run? I'd like to see your set up.

There, off topic.

Cheers and Happy New year! B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                          i think brian forgot to add a ""
                          i'm not sure he did....
                          i think he's pissed off about the whole thing. :yay:
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

No, I can't make it down... I had some family stuff come up that's going to take up most of my holiday weekend.

that... and I'm afraid that my steering won't hold up on the long trip down.....KIDDING!!!!

Have fun and I'll be down there before too long.

Best,

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

yeah, I was in a wierd mood yesterday... musta been jetlag.
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
                                what 2 owners?
                                since my personal opinion of shop owners doesn't necessarily reflect their ability to service customers, I'll stop short of naming names.
                                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X