Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tj Steering

Who makes the strongest Steering set-up out there? Tie-rod, Drag link, Tie-rod ends, the whole bit. Money is no object Just wanted to know what's the best, strongest stuff. Thanks...
    That's a BIG rock!

Probably the Currie steering system for a stock up grade. There are a few others that need serious mods to work, high steer type.

B&T TJ

Comment

Have a look at this steering... it's beefy as heck!

http://www.offroadonly.com/products/new/u-turn/

Best,
      Flywaterguide

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
        Have a look at this steering... it's beefy as heck!

http://www.offroadonly.com/products/new/u-turn/

Best,
        Flywaterguide
        That's not worth $650
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

What do you think Al, what's good?
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

It's hard to beat Currie. I'm running a stock drag link with Big Daddy tie rod.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
              That's not worth $650
              From talking to a bunch of different sources, the consensus is that the currie system isn't much better than stock.

The guys at RE and other places where really high on the U-turn steering, which is why I went with it. With this steering, I was able to move my front axle a bit forward, which was something I needed to do to clear up my death wobble problems.

When I purchased this steering I also purchased a number of other items and was able to buy it for much less than the $650 retail price. I paid a bit more for this steering than the Currie, but not a heck of a lot.

I'd suggest calling around and seeing what prices you can find. It's real new, so some places are willing to make you a deal!

Best,

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

currie is one of their biggest competitors.. of course they will try to deter you from it
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I don't know who your sources are but they are full of it. They must be competitors. Of course RE is against Currie because RE doesn't have anything to compare with Currie.

Comment

The currie stuff is pretty hard to beat. I'm running the steering system, have bashed it on rocks no problem, the tie rod is soild bar not a tube the whole damm thing is strong, far stronger then the stock one as not mentioned above. First off there's no hole in the middle of the draglink for the stabilizer where many bend and the ends are huge. Replacement parts is the catch, these are specially made for Currie...
                    As my RE stuff wears out I'll replace it with Currie (need a source, ft. traclbar first) it just makes sense, imo.

B&T TJ

Comment

I really liked the Currie and wanted to get it. Then I saw this steering, compared them both, and chose the U-Turn. Only time and wear and tear will show if it's better, worse, or just the same as the Currie.

Best!

Flywaterguide

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Your set up is awesome. I'd love to do it but not at that price.

Comment

Well I don't know if it's awesome or not.. I've only wheeled it once and driven about.. 1000 miles with it. It feels awesome, but it'll take a few "rocky encounters" before we know how good it is or isn't.

Don't worry, I'm not afraid to post that it rules! ... or that it sucks!

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

i have heard good things about that set up.
                            i wound up building my own steering. i was looking into the orw stuff, but i wanted to get the steering out of the rocks just as much as i wanted to beef it up.
                            there is a thread on it in the swb section someplace.
                            i have been very happy with it. it is made with 1-1/4" DOM tubing, and 1 ton tie rod ends.
                            beefy stuff. also, it is moved to the top of the knuckle.
                            i'm sure something very similar could be done with your tj's as my yj
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
                              ... the consensus is that the currie system isn't much better than stock.
                              sorry, I've been gone awhile, but I had to respond... you're damn lucky I don't ban you for that blatantly unfounded and absolutely wrong statement.

not only that... you better think twice about accepting a spot from me in Moab.

that is all.

Brian. :yay:
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X