Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodtimes
    Brian, are those still the 4.5" springs, or did you move up to the 5.5"?
    4.5(plus 1"body), but I'd like to find a way to get another half inch out of the fronts. they're sitting at 4 or just a shade under.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

3/4" spacer
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Its all been covered here...but here is my experience.

I will keep mine connected at both ends on the road. I disconnect the front off road and for, I'll now leave the rear alone. I will be looking into the anti rock for the rear next year.

When my lift went in I also swapped out the rear to the 8.8. The rear sway bar would not fit. Read that I was too lazy and did not want to grind to make it fit, I was anxious to go wheel. I ran that way for a couple weeks. I had the D35 rear locked and put a lunchbox in the 8.8 untill I could afford something better. The extra traction from the rear and the flexy suspension caused some strange handling. I was pulling out of a drive way and did not see this other driver approaching, much too fast. I was committed and chose to hit the throttle. Man, the jeep went straight and the inside tire was a foot off the ground!! It bad enough when the locker pushes you straight ahead but when combined with ONE TIRE STEERING.....pucker factor X10!!!!!! About a week later we where heading out to a trail run and running side by side while entering the freeway. Again I punched the throttle and lifted that inside tire off the ground about six inches for about fifteen feet! It looked pretty cool but is WAY unsafe!!!! With the TeraFlex S4T and locked diffs I'll keep my sway bars on, thank you very much! I put it back on and that is how it will stay!!

Everybodys driving style is different and I think if you always had COMPLETE control of EVERY ASPECT of EVERY situation you would be fine wo/swaybars. :OMG:

My .02
        CW
        '99 TJ, locked both ends, 33" BFGs, 8.8 rear, S4T lift, too much to list....lets wheel!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cwlongshot
          Its all been covered here...but here is my experience.

I will keep mine connected at both ends on the road. I disconnect the front off road and for, I'll now leave the rear alone. I will be looking into the anti rock for the rear next year.

When my lift went in I also swapped out the rear to the 8.8. The rear sway bar would not fit. Read that I was too lazy and did not want to grind to make it fit, I was anxious to go wheel. I ran that way for a couple weeks. I had the D35 rear locked and put a lunchbox in the 8.8 untill I could afford something better. The extra traction from the rear and the flexy suspension caused some strange handling. I was pulling out of a drive way and did not see this other driver approaching, much too fast. I was committed and chose to hit the throttle. Man, the jeep went straight and the inside tire was a foot off the ground!! It bad enough when the locker pushes you straight ahead but when combined with ONE TIRE STEERING.....pucker factor X10!!!!!! About a week later we where heading out to a trail run and running side by side while entering the freeway. Again I punched the throttle and lifted that inside tire off the ground about six inches for about fifteen feet! It looked pretty cool but is WAY unsafe!!!! With the TeraFlex S4T and locked diffs I'll keep my sway bars on, thank you very much! I put it back on and that is how it will stay!!

Everybodys driving style is different and I think if you always had COMPLETE control of EVERY ASPECT of EVERY situation you would be fine wo/swaybars. :OMG:

My .02
          CW
          I don't have the time or inclination to search out your birthday, but it would seem you have passed the age of being bulletproof and invincible. What, over 35?
          I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
            I don't have the time or inclination to search out your birthday, but it would seem you have passed the age of being bulletproof and invincible. What, over 35?
            Point? :confused:
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              Point? :confused:

Do you really have to ask?
              I am Savvy.

Comment

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!

OMG...thats so funny!
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Let's not forget about "innocent" strap holders ... when I flopped mine in Moab (front sway disconnected ) this is what happened to one of the poor guys (let's just call him Erik) hanging on to the tow strap ...

Last edited by seapahn; 11-01-04, 02:42 PM.
                    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

lol! i cant believe that clip is back up
                      i had a scab for weeks after that mess
                      although, i'll bet your sway bar had absolutly nothing to do with that flop
                      that was from not following the spotter exactly .
                      i have nothing to say for or against sway bars on tj's, as i have never driven one off road. i have seen the insane flex that dukes jeep demonstrates, and the stability of those with the anti-rocks.... which is better? no idea
                      Last edited by NAILER341; 10-31-04, 11:35 PM.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                        i have nothing to say for or against sway bars on tj's, as i have never driven one off road.
                        Not exactly true, Erik.

I remember walking down Sledge to see my rig coming up the trail

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell C
                          Not exactly true, Erik.

I remember walking down Sledge to see my rig coming up the trail
                          oh yeah! that is true... i drove one for about 30-40' through sledge hammer, but i got scared, and had to get away from it. i was afraid i'd break it, and couldnt afford the repairs j/k
                          ERIK

Comment

oh yeah! that is true... i drove one for about 30-40' through sledge hammer, but i got scared, and had to get away from it. i was afraid i'd break it, and couldnt afford the repairs j/k
                            Oh c'mon, admit it, you liked it...
                            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

you can drive mine and not worry about that!

Although it might just fall apart when your fat gets in!
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                                Oh c'mon, admit it, you liked it...
                                i did like it, but i am always afraid of driving someone elses vehicle. multiply that x 10 on the big rocks. the jeep worked great, but it wasnt the gearing i am used to, and would feel terrible if i messed something up

you can drive mine and not worry about that!

Although it might just fall apart when your fat gets in!
                                lol! i'll have to try it some time. next time we go out, i'll have to try that thing out, and see if i can put it on its side
                                ERIK

Comment

Working...
                                X