Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run without it. I have a 6 inch lift with 33s and do notice a difference from when it was connected, but i like the feeling personally.
    2001 60th anniversary TJ 6" Fabtech Long Arm 35" BFG Mud terrain 2003 Rubicon Full Traction Long Arm lift/RE 7.5 springs/ 36" IROKs/Poison Spyder Cage

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
      And look at his Jeep. He has put it over on it's side a few times. It isn't very stable.
      I was going to say just look at chris's jeep before you toss it. Then look at all the other jeeps still running one. That should make up your mind. Flex is NOT everthing. When you lose down pressure due to too much flex that wheel becomes useless. You want to set your shocks up so that the spring just starts to unseat at full droop. I have moved my lower shock mounts down around 4", and raised the upper mounts in front about 3", and the upper rears about 4", Which lets me run a 32+" shock that is compressed at full stuff and lets me drop a 37" tire about 6 inches below the rocker with out letting the spring unseat.
      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
        And look at his Jeep. He has put it over on it's side a few times. It isn't very stable.
        never once have I rolled, you know that. My Jeep may look like it, but its never been rubber up.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

You guys sound like you think that if you don't run sway bars, you are going to roll your rig as soon as you hit the dirt. That simply isn't true.

How long did each of you who are currently running the anti-rock run with your bars disconnected before you bought the anti-rock? Did any of you roll your rig because of it? Lets stay realistic here! Is running sway bars going to make your jeep more stable (less body roll)? Yes, that is why they are there. Is it going to limit your articulation? Yes, that is how they limit the body roll. Are you going to roll your jeep on every little bump you hit if you don't run sway bars? NO!
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
            I was going to say just look at chris's jeep before you toss it. Then look at all the other jeeps still running one. That should make up your mind. Flex is NOT everthing. When you lose down pressure due to too much flex that wheel becomes useless.
            how is that wheel rendered useless? there is still weight on that tire, no matter how little. The weight of the axle and wheel/tire still put pressure downward. Whether it be from the spring pressure or the weight of all that other junk. Traction is traction, period. To say its useless seems a little rediculous. I've heard this argument before and it never makes sense to me.

Oh, I beat the shit out of my Jeep! None of the damage was cause by an absent rear roll bar

Hop on the band wagon guys, theres still room
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
              You guys sound like you think that if you don't run sway bars, you are going to roll your rig as soon as you hit the dirt. That simply isn't true.
              that's not what i was implying(sp?). I just think there are traction advantages when running them. :2:
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes

How long did each of you who are currently running the anti-rock run with your bars disconnected before you bought the anti-rock? Did any of you roll your rig because of it? Lets stay realistic here! Is running sway bars going to make your jeep more stable (less body roll)? Yes, that is why they are there. Is it going to limit your articulation? Yes, that is how they limit the body roll. Are you going to roll your jeep on every little bump you hit if you don't run sway bars? NO!

At least someone understands
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                  that's not what i was implying(sp?). I just think there are traction advantages when running them. :2:
                  Damn Brian, thats 4 cents in just this thread. we're almost to a pack of gum
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    I agree that there are advantages to running them (referring to anti-rock up front, OE in rear). It just seems that people are implying that if you don't run them, you will roll your jeep.
                    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

You definately stand a better chance. Anybody can roll at any time, why make it easier?
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

And here I thought this was a simple question, did not mean to start the great debate
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

As crappy as Chris' Jeep looks, the damage hasnt been caused by offcamber situations. Mostly because hes barrel-assed his way through something...

AND If I remember correctly Al, the last time we went out wheeling together, it was YOU that had the near rollovers...twice I might add. Its one thing to get yourself into a position where you need some weight on you to continue the line, and another when in your normal wheeling, find yourself precariously hanging by your puckered butthole, while Chris teeters you back and forth with two fingers
                          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

First off, you guys that talk about being offcamber, probably haven't been past 30 degrees.

Ask Brian just how far you can lean a rig before it will go over and then walk up and try to push it over. Barring that, I will drive some offcamber stuff if you want to play follow the leader. You will be surprised with how difficult is it to get your body to allow you to enjoy the capabilities of your rig.

Tommy has put up pics of his and I doubt there are more than a handful that have experienced that level of lean on a consistent basis.

Do swaybars induce a traction advantage? Hands down. Unfortunately, most (not all) do not wheel at a level that makes the difference worthwhile or are they able to discern the performance difference. When you are trying to extract the last bit of traction and performance out of your suspension, you will enjoy swaybars or adjustable rate suspensions.
                            I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                              As crappy as Chris' Jeep looks, the damage hasnt been caused by offcamber situations. Mostly because hes barrel-assed his way through something...

AND If I remember correctly Al, the last time we went out wheeling together, it was YOU that had the near rollovers...twice I might add. Its one thing to get yourself into a position where you need some weight on you to continue the line, and another when in your normal wheeling, find yourself precariously hanging by your puckered butthole, while Chris teeters you back and forth with two fingers
                              I guess I'll have to trash my sway bars.
                              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
                                First off, you guys that talk about being offcamber, probably haven't been past 30 degrees.

Ask Brian just how far you can lean a rig before it will go over and then walk up and try to push it over. You will be surprised with how difficult is it to get your body to allow you to enjoy the capabilities of your rig.

It's true. We were doing some tests on my internal beadlocks and wanted to put extreme side pressure on aired down tires. We (I) drove my Jeep sideways on a hill to acheive the desired results, but the hill wasn't steep enough and we dug another foot of sand out from the low side tires.

I can tell you at this angle, maybe 20%, it's tough to sit in the driver seat. Gravity wants to put you out the passenger side. I can also tell you that although the high side tires were "light", it took 2 guys pushing to get them to start coming off the ground.

I actually turned up hill and drove out of that.

not sure what this means to the whole "argument", but I thought I'd share. :yay:
                                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                                X