Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TACOJ-7
    I know, but still would be worth the swap to get O/D since it needs a tranny.
    totally agree
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      totally agree
      you can also run lower gears lol
      2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

you can also run lower gears lol
        been the plan from the start . . . 4.88's
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

thats it? not 5.13's? lol
          2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

thats it? not 5.13's? lol
            yes

lol
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Oh ya with that low gear O/D will not matter that much unless you ride a big tire. With 4.10's and 36's I am turning 2,550 RPM's. with 33's or 35's with 4.88's with aw4 you will be turning about the same.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

about 2500 with 4.88's and an AW4 at 75 mph on 35's

Thats hardly any R's in my opinion
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
                  Sounds good. That'll be behind a 4.0, Right?? Should cruise really nice for you. Which 35??
                  Yeah, its the 6. MT/R's are the tires.
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
                    Lower! We must all go lower! Can you ever be low enough??? LOL

I want the 4:1 for my D18, and 5.38's to go behind my T18.

I must go Lower! Well maybe not the 5.38's, but at least 4.56's to go with the 35's.
                    You can never be low enough, but on a auto you can only go so low and then your brakes won't work.

BTW why only 4 : 1? why not the new atlas 5 : 1 or something?

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

You can never be low enough, but on a auto you can only go so low and then your brakes won't work.

BTW why only 4 : 1? why not the new atlas 5 : 1 or something?
                      Then upgrade the brakes!! . . . I dont get it

Do you have money falling out of your ass, or what?
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yeah, its the 6. MT/R's are the tires.

Do you wheel in mud? If you do, don't get MTR's. They suck in mud.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Then upgrade the brakes!! . . . I dont get it

Do you have money falling out of your ass, or what?
                          One thing with me I don't want to run 17" rims because the tire go up 2 times on what the 15's do.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

I'd have to look again at the numbers available from O'briens. I want to Keep my D18, I think they offer something like a 4.86:1. Not sure. Someday soon, I'll put my Overdrive back in. Nothing like 16 Forward, and 4 Reverse gears.

Comment

Do you wheel in mud? If you do, don't get MTR's. They suck in mud.
                              no, mud sucks
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

no, mud sucks
                                cool then you picked the right tire

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Working...
                                X