Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TJ for me!! Maybe

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Trailbst
    Have a safe trip Gypsy.

    A Chevy Malibu. I'm so sorry, you have to endure that.

    What's in AZ??

    I still think you should go with the AEV, did you see my post on RockDawgs, I went and visited there a couple of times.
    My borhters live in AZ & am visiting them.

    Yah, the AEV is the way I'll probably go.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Gypsy
      Yes, I'm sad, but I know it is going to a great home. Just really bad timing with my damn accident though...Have to drive a Chevy Malibu :mad:

      I've already started my research on the next Jeep...AEV Rubicon & Currie Jeeps...Looks like when it's time to buy, I'll have to order it & wait like 3 months longer, unless I get too antsy...we'll see. Especially if I end up moving, it might be a good thing to not have 3 vehicles to move (a Jeep, my car & g/fs vehicle)...

      Well...I hope the Jeep makes it to CA safely!

      Off to Scottsdale, AZ I go in 6 hours
      hehe, a chevy malibu. Better then a geo metro, ALMOST!

      The Currie Helldorado is a pretty built up rig. good luck. Hopefully we'll see you in CA some time soon
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

      Motech Performance

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Trailbst
        the Helldorado is a built up rig, but you have to supply a donor rig to them, new or old. The AEV, you can do either, but if you buy new through them, you can finance it all at once, and you get the Factory warranty, as well as the AEV warranty for anything that they install or modify.

        My vote is for the AEV. Build it how you want it, brand new.
        interesting, sounds like a good deal
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

        Motech Performance

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Trailbst
          If you go to their site, you can price one online.

          www.aev-conversions.com

          You can even start with a Rubicon, and stretch it, or make a Brute out of it.

          I'll pass, thank you
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

          Motech Performance

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Trailbst
            Why? You don't even want to see what they offer, or you just don't want to tempt yourself??
            I looked . . . dont have the money, and would prolly do it myself
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

            Motech Performance

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Trailbst
              I really like the looks of the 112" Wrangler. It's really different. They say that they only do those in limited quantities. I don't have to worry, I won't have the money for one of those anytime soon.
              I like the 104". Thats actually what I want my TJ to have as a wheelbase
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

              Motech Performance

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Trailbst
                I think I would sell one of my testes for that.
                You only need one, same with kidneys
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

                Motech Performance

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Trailbst
                  Now, I might have to email them and ask them if they'd do a 101"
                  Give um a ring
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

                  Motech Performance

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    WoW sounds like you gone though hell to get this TJ. Glad it worked out in the end.
                    2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

                    1990 XJ With 30's

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by TACOJ-7
                      WoW sounds like you gone though hell to get this TJ. Glad it worked out in the end.
                      Thanks Scott. Marshall was a great guy to deal with. Very honest and upfront.

                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

                      Motech Performance

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Dukes69
                        Thanks Scott. Marshall was a great guy to deal with. Very honest and upfront.

                        thats a great idea with the aw4 XJ auto in the TJ since it needs one. Thats what am going to do if and when my auto in my TJ ever dies.
                        2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

                        1990 XJ With 30's

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by TACOJ-7
                          thats a great idea with the aw4 XJ auto in the TJ since it needs one. Thats what am going to do if and when my auto in my TJ ever dies.
                          I've seen it done in manual tranny TJ's, but not in Auto TJ's. All the write ups I've seen have been for 5 speed TJ's. I think in order for it to work properly, I would have to switch out the Auto PCM for a 5 speed PCM. Its will be interesting, thats for sure.
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

                          Motech Performance

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Dukes69
                            I've seen it done in manual tranny TJ's, but not in Auto TJ's. All the write ups I've seen have been for 5 speed TJ's. I think in order for it to work properly, I would have to switch out the Auto PCM for a 5 speed PCM. Its will be interesting, thats for sure.
                            It would be cheaper because the shafter and the petals are there already. 1 would be 1-2, and 2 would be 3, and D would be 4. And from what I hear the aw4 is computer controled for the shafting un like the TJ 3 speed auto. So that means it shafts nice and soft up hills unlike the TJ 3 speed. It feels like it's going to die and never shaft. TJ 3 speed shafts really wired up hills(I don't think it likes being under load when shafting). If I had 4.56's my Jeep would go up any hills @ 100 mph easy without shafting. The gas millage would die that why I stayed @ 4.10's to help it out. The 4.10's seem to be close to stock with 30's with 3.73's. I like the 4.10's with 37's more, then I liked the 33's with 3.73's. Let me know how the swap goes. If you part the XJ you may want to keep a few things for the tranny swap, so you don't have to go buy them.
                            2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

                            1990 XJ With 30's

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              [QUOTE]Originally posted by TACOJ-7
                              [B]It would be cheaper because the shafter and the petals are there already. 1 would be 1-2, and 2 would be 3, and D would be 4. And from what I hear the aw4 is computer controled for the shafting un like the TJ 3 speed auto. So that means it shafts nice and soft up hills unlike the TJ 3 speed. It feels like it's going to die and never shaft. TJ 3 speed shafts really wired up hills(I don't think it likes being under load when shafting). If I had 4.56's my Jeep would go up any hills @ 100 mph easy without shafting. The gas millage would die that why I stayed @ 4.10's to help it out. The 4.10's seem to be close to stock with 30's with 3.73's. I like the 4.10's with 37's more, then I liked the 33's with 3.73's. Let me know how the swap goes. If you part the XJ you may want to keep a few things for the tranny

                              In some respects yes, it would be cheaper

                              I will need a manual PCM, otherwise the the auto PCM will be looking for the NSS and the torque converter lockup deal, and some other stuff. The manual PCM doesnt look for that, so it has no clue that an AW4 is in there.
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

                              Motech Performance

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                [QUOTE]Originally posted by Dukes69
                                [i]

                                I will need a manual PCM, otherwise the the auto PCM will be looking for the NSS and the torque converter lockup deal, and some other stuff. The manual PCM doesnt look for that, so it has no clue that an AW4 is in there.
                                I know, but still would be worth the swap to get O/D since it needs a tranny.
                                2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

                                1990 XJ With 30's

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X