Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got sick and tired of sourcing/shopping/rejection/..... So I just bought some KM2's. Got certificates so I'm not TO worried about the alleged crappy side walls. And since it was Memorial weekend it was a sale. I got a 100.00 Visa Card... GY would of been my 1st choice but I aint waiting around forever and if I should kill one, then what? Wait around forever for a replacement?

Glad you got yours...
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      At least that gives me time to clean up the wheels at my leisure.
      That's what I did, well sort of. I had the wheels narrowed while waiting for the tires since I am now running 12.50. Amazingly, the "new" wheels and 37s only took 3.75oz of weight to balance.

Before: 17x10 - 4.5BS

After: 17x9 - 3.5BS. One really clean weld all the way around.
      [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

so the tires you guys are looking for in this thread are the new pimp daddy sidewall MTRs or the old pattern MTRs with bitch'n side lugs .
        I sure hope it's the old style they are bringing back .I 'm looking for a set of 4 NOS 35x15 MTRs.
        I hate the sidewall designs on the new ones .

Comment

Originally posted by m38a1 View Post
          so the tires you guys are looking for in this thread are the new pimp daddy sidewall MTRs or the old pattern MTRs with bitch'n side lugs .
          I sure hope it's the old style they are bringing back .I 'm looking for a set of 4 NOS 35x15 MTRs.
          I hate the sidewall designs on the new ones .
          Sorry Bro. They are not bringing back the old style.

I did hear some good news while I was at America's Tire this week. All the sizes are back in stock for the MTRs currently. The guy didn't know how long that would last, but at least it is something.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Is narrowing a wheel safe?

Comment

well I had my hopes up because the latest issue of Dirtsports had a tire shootout and the pic next to GY was the old syle MTR....I have a vintage rig and refuse to hang those pimp fancy do,nothing sidewalls on it.

Comment

That's interesting because two days ago they were no where in sight!

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Sorry Bro. They are not bringing back the old style.

I did hear some good news while I was at America's Tire this week. All the sizes are back in stock for the MTRs currently. The guy didn't know how long that would last, but at least it is something.
                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                  That's interesting because two days ago they were no where in sight!
                  The store is the one in Colton. Address is:
                  2099 E Washington St
                  Colton, CA 92324
                  (909) 430-0310

Feel free to put them to the test. :wink:
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
                    Is narrowing a wheel safe?
                    Narrowing, widening, custom centers and barrels, beadlocks, etc... people do it all the time.
                    [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I didn't know that, that's pretty cool. Thanks.

Comment

When hunting for MTR's try ebay found me one of them darlins I was looking for.
                        place called discount direct has some of them with free shipping and no tax

Here is a link to some 35x17" mtr's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-35-12-...#ht_2313wt_947

Comment

Working...
                        X