Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTR Kevlar's

Finally scored some MTR/K's after several months of shopping/waiting. TireRack.com will have them available on may 5th and you can order them now and they will allocate and hold them for you....They won't charge your card until they ship. Pretty cool.
    cant beat the price either....
    I feel like a kid on Xmas...

Next up, Trail ready HD beadlocks, then I'm back in the game...
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

right on
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Not to burst your bubble, but until you have confirmation that GY is actually producing them, it is all up in the air. If you remember from the other thread that situation happened to me last month, I placed an order through TR and I was all excited at the prospect of receiving them after being on back order for 6 months or so. Then, 5 days before the ship date, they went back on back order because GY decided to postpone the production yet again.

I am in the same boat as you, my size is supposed to be available on 4/27 with a ship date of 5/5 but I am not doing anything right now. The manager at my local DT called GY and they claimed that they will start production sometime next week, so we will call back next Friday to find out. Also through this whole thing, I learned (from a couple sources) that TR is notorious for jumping the gun on availability dates, so I am not getting as excited as I used to. For our sakes, I hope that GY is finally getting these MTRs back into production.
      [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Bubble buster!

Comment

LOL, I hope that I'm not so that we can get our MTRs soon. I also talked to Al @ Tread Depot for quite a bit and he will call me back as soon as he has news from his GY rep.
          [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Just to clarify... it isn't an issue of the tires not being produced... the tires are being produced. The issue is that all the tires being produced are being allocated to the military. You may want to settle on another tire/brand....

Comment

seems like 35x12.50x17's are able to come by. the 35x12.50 seems to be the issue in getting. I could step up to 17's with everything but that would put me back a good chunk of change. several hundred dollars isnt worth it. I'll keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                seems like 35x12.50x17's are able to come by. the 35x12.50 seems to be the issue in getting. I could step up to 17's with everything but that would put me back a good chunk of change. several hundred dollars isnt worth it. I'll keep trying.
                You are going to find it harder and harder to find big tires in the 15" flavor, so you just might be better of moving on to the 17" flavor

Comment

gessshh, now I'm debating mtr/k's AND my 15 vs 17 tire/rim choice.... you guys are kill'n me...

Ive ALWAYS been an advocate of doing it once and getting what I want the 1st time so guess what? I changed em to 17's.. 450.00 more bucks for the tires and 400 more for the rims.. am I cool now?

Comment

go for some cheap Hercules TrailDigger MTs, I'm liking mine They have the metric 35" tires for 16" wheels. Not sure what other sizes there are.
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

gessshh, now I'm debating mtr/k's AND my 15 vs 17 tire/rim choice.... you guys are kill'n me...

Ive ALWAYS been an advocate of doing it once and getting what I want the 1st time so guess what? I changed em to 17's.. 450.00 more bucks for the tires and 400 more for the rims.. am I cool now?
                      Dunno about being cool, but 4 brand spanking new black donuts on some shiny rims is pretty darn cool right?

Comment

After looking over pics of my jeep and thinking about it if I ever go to 37's and looking at how bloated the tires would look on the rims, it makes good reason. Plus I wouldnt mind running larger brakes someday....

Comment

Not to make the situation worse... but I bought my rims a year ago in the 17" flavor... and now I am wishing I would have gone with the beadlock flavor at the same time. Also, if I ever swap my front axle to a pro-rock 60 then I must change wheels at the same time because of the different bolt pattern. I tried to "just do it once" too... I don't think that is ever possible!!!

Good thing you can sell whatever you have to someone who is also looking for an upgrade at some point in the future...

Comment

never see myself going with 60's. In my pipe dream, I'd love to. In my reality, maybe a modified 44. I am doing 17's and I am doing beadlocks but I will also be sticking with 5x4.5. Ive become more of a trail jeep and enjoy scouting around more than ripping it up like I used to. With heavens help, if I ever do come in to extraordinary amount of play I'll build a new project.

Comment

never see myself going with 60's. In my pipe dream, I'd love to. In my reality, maybe a modified 44. I am doing 17's and I am doing beadlocks but I will also be sticking with 5x4.5. Ive become more of a trail jeep and enjoy scouting around more than ripping it up like I used to. With heavens help, if I ever do come in to extraordinary amount of play I'll build a new project.
                              Never say never, where there is a will there is a way. I never thought I could afford to built a second Jeep for fun fire roading, yet looky what sits in the garage and tears up the trails on a regular basis. Did I have to bleed and sweat for it, you bet

Comment

Working...
                              X