Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep... Cuz it's hard to drive it these days
    [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
      Yep... Cuz it's hard to drive it these days
      Well from the reflection in the door, you have a rubi to drive for now anyways LOL...

What lift is that? Or is it custom? ALMOST looks like Rock Krawler?
      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Yes I have the TJ to drive around, but the LJ has been sitting in the garage for 5 months and I am dying to drive it. The lift is a Teraflex 4-link rear & 3-link front.
        [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I looked at these tires a couple of years ago - they looked pretty substantial. They're a Kelly tire made by GoodYear. The 15" are cheaper than the 17's shown.

http://www.nextag.com/goto.jsp?p=351...%2Fprices-html

Comment

Party on Garth! I just received confirmation that GY is producing 680 37" MTRs this week and 750/week for the next 5 weeks. Hopefully I can get my hands on a set.

Comment

do you have an inside man at Goodyear or what?

I called today and said I need to check back in 6 weeks
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Maxxis? Not sure if the width is gonna be an issue or not though...
                http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/2923979860.html

Recommend NOT using these, but I found em'
                http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/2946155399.html (over priced)
                Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 04-10-12, 08:55 PM.
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                  do you have an inside man at Goodyear or what?
                  I called today and said I need to check back in 6 weeks
                  The place I am ordering tires from talked to their rep to get the actual details and that's what she told them. She also mentioned that GY will fulfill oldest backorders first, with some discretion to shift allocation if necessary.

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                  Maxxis?
                  I thought about Maxxis, not the Creepys but the Trepadors, but I can't find too many opinions on those. Only a handful with half saying they are good and the other saying they are crappy tires. So, I don't know really

Comment

GY is catching up with all the backorders, so hopefully you guys have your MTRs orders in. I just got word that my set should ship in the next week or two.

Comment

Look at what Brown dropped off this morning, some brand new 37s If everything goes well, I'll get my wheels back from being narrowed next week and then it's off the jackstands.

Comment

Looking good Lawrence! May I ask what you paid per tire?

Comment

Thanks for the props, I can't wait to get my wheels back.

I purchased the tires from Discount Tire Direct and paid $380/tire shipped to my door, no shipping charges, no tax. I called in the order instead of doing it online, and the sales person gave me a free replacement certificate when he asked if I was interested and I said "let me think about it". So, 4 replacement certificates for the price of 3. My total bill was $1,662.00 for (4) 37x12.50x17 MTRs with full replacement certificates. Add that I get $100 back from Goodyear for being a Tread Lightly member, and I am a happy camper.

Edit: Other places (including Discount Tire stores) had the tires listed for $354/tire, but you need to add the shipping charges and/or sales tax, and the replacement certificates at the store level are $10 more each compared to DTD. So DTD was a no brainer and no hassle dealing with them.
                          Last edited by Lawrence; 05-03-12, 12:54 PM.

Comment

That is pretty darn good!!! Enjoy them!

Comment

Did the OP ever get some tires?

I just picked up my new MTR kevlar and also got a new Cert for it! Pretty stoked.... except for I may have accidently sliced valve stem putting the tire in the trunk of my car.... oops

Comment

the TSL super swampers for my little CJ are on back order too, I know how yall feel :-\ At least that gives me time to clean up the wheels at my leisure.
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                                X