Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you guys are saying, "Kevin, don't get 35's and 5x4.5 bolt pattern beadlocks, dig deep get some dynatrac prorock 60's and some 37's 5x5 1/2 oh and you'll need to get new driveshafts when you get your 5.0 Atlas, oh but you also wanna stretch the wheel base when you tri link front and rear and dont forget to boatside it while your on your back. That should compliment your hemi pretty well ..." ?
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

If that's what you want? Like they say one life to live, so don't waste it. Do what you want to do, live without regrets.
      I wanted a Jeep for Hammer trails and I built one. Now I want a V8 and an auto and that will happen in due time also.
      It all starts somewhere right? My Jeep fun started with a spanking new 4 banger Jeep in December of 2006 on Cleghorn.
      Has been a really fun adventure since.
      From here to

To here.

was a fun 5 and a half years, If a Redneck mechanic can do it, so could you, if you wanted to and put your mind to it

Comment

Im not a redneck mechanic, I'm an internet mechanic. And rednecks dont live in Rancho, they live in Fontana.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
          Im not a redneck mechanic, I'm an internet mechanic. And rednecks dont live in Rancho, they live in Fontana.
          Every so often they escape Fontucky :-)

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Every so often they escape Fontucky :-)
            Fontucky hasn't been Fontucky since I lived there as a kid. It's been Fontijuana for years!
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              Fontucky hasn't been Fontucky since I lived there as a kid. It's been Fontijuana for years!
              Turning into Chulauana is it?

Comment

Actually, if you are going the Dana 60 route, you will want 40s.......it will never end.....
                Rich

Comment

Biggest reason I left Ontario and a good reason why my house lost 220,000 in 3 yrs. A good neighborhood turned section 8 overnight.

Comment

Im also waiting for a 35" MTR Kevlar for a warranty swap.

I think you would be safe if you were to get 17" wheels. BUT, that means more cash to throw down.

Why not look around for some used wheels, or even used tires for that matter. Not sure if your in a rush or not. I was able to find some used MTRs to hold me off till I can get the MTR off backorder. Shitty thing is the old style MTRs are a good 1.5" shorter than the Kevlars...

Anyway, if your getting rid of your current MTRs, I may know someone that wants them
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I need a couple more!

Comment

I have one mtr that is ok at about 35% tread. The front two are terribly bowed in due to never getting an alignment after a tie rod hit. The last one has a sidewall cut. It is still on the jeep but I would say it's 1/2 way through and for that reason I dont drive the jeep at all. So with that said, I'll have one tire for sale and possibly the other one (sidewall issue) as a spare for probably around 80 bucks for both tires. Also have a "never used" 35x12.50x15 kelly safari DTR mud terrain mounted on a steel softie rock crawler rim 15x8 for 135.00

Comment

how big is the cut?

Are you needing anything for your jeep besides tires?
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                            Just to clarify... it isn't an issue of the tires not being produced... the tires are being produced. The issue is that all the tires being produced are being allocated to the military. You may want to settle on another tire/brand....
                            Just FYI...
                            Its Not that any particular tire model/size is being picked up by the military.

Its the fact that Goodyear is only getting so much raw materials to use to produce thier tires, and a good portion is going to the model/sizes needed most and the other sizes are getting put off till the more demanding ones are produced, to a certain level. At least this is what thier #1 marketing guy told me when I asked for tires on a sponsorship level, about 8 months ago.

Think about how many say, 235/55R18's or such are being requested by GM/Ford/Daimler/etc, and if those guys are not happy with supply, how that hurts them. And how Few 37" or even 35" kevlars they actually sell per year, in comparision. Prolly 1 kevlar (any size) to 10,000 in a OE fitment size tire on a new car.
                            *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

I was told the same thing, that basically GY is concentrating on the "more profitable" tire sizes and that the bigger sized MTRs don't represent that much volume in the grand scheme of things
                              [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Well then we just need to start ordering more tires!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X