Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The manager at americas tire wouldnt give me the $70 rebate but I called the regional manager to complain and they are going to take the shiping off. So in the end I should pay 703.09 after the $50 rebate, Mounted with lifetime balance new valve stems and americas tire exclusive prorated road hazard warrantee.
    Last edited by Jeeperator; 05-14-09, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
      The manager at americas tire wouldnt give me the $70 rebate but I called the regional manager to complain and they are going to take the shiping off. So in the end I should pay 703.09 after the $50 rebate, Mounted with lifetime balance new valve stems and americas tire exclusive prorated road hazard warrantee.
      Sounds like a good deal. Good luck with the warranty with them. I know several people that issue with them and their warranty.
      Check out .

Comment

Like what? please explain. Even if they dont warrantee the tires it included in the price anyway I am not paying extra for it.

Comment

Some individuals I know went back for the warranty after getting a flat. The first time they honored it and the second time they did not. I don't have first hand experience just what I was informed. One is on this board. You got a great deal on some great tires. Probably won’t be an issue for you. KM2 sidewalls are strong.:thumbs_up
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            I'm on the third set of ProComp X terrains, Love 'em. Haven't had any trouble with two ply side walls. 35 12.50 15s on 15X8s, never burp, never rolled a bead, puntured one side wall. They S.U.C.K in the snow, but that just makes snow runs more interesting
            x2 on that. My Xterrians are great in the dirt, okay on the street, but horrible in the snow. Not too good in the rain either, but not bad. My problem with the Xterrians is that they really chunked out a lot, after only 10,000 miles (granted, HARD miles, but still)
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Update: after being told I couldnt get the rebate I went ahead and filled out the online rebate form anyway and was sent a confirmation of my $50 and $70 rebate should show in 3-4weeks. so in the end I only paid $774.96(not including the rebates) for 4 bfg mud terrain KM2's mounted & lifetime balanced and a new full set of lug nuts and valves. It also include their prorated road hazard warranty. Now with the rebate of $50 and $70 it comes out too $654.96 after its all said and done. I tell you what no one can beat that deal I paid less than the tires cost them lol. If you guys want to get in on this deal better hurry rebates end by the end of the month.

Comment

An update on the ProComp xTreme AT's....after beating them up all season, I finally cut one. I was somewhat disappointed, since I cut it in a wash. They hold up great rock crawling. Go figure. I hunted around a little and found a company that will repair it. It will no longer be good for street (but that won't stop me from making the occasional drive around town), but from what I've seen, the repairs are almost impossible to see.

We'll see. I don't have $500 for a new tire, so this is my only option.
                '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

$500 for one tire? youve got too be kidding!. I dont even consider procomp one of the blue chip name brands like bfg, goodyear,toyo,michelin or yokohama.I have heard they are made by cooper who from my experience(changed alot of them) made terrible big truck tires. For $500 a tire I would get the bfg rock crawler tires and I dont even think they cost that much.

Comment

I'm running 33X12.50 Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrains on my YJ. I love 'em. 4Wheel parts gave me a good deal too. Actually, I searched around and asked everywhere and 4Wheel was able to beat everyone's price. I got the 5th tire free and have a replacement agreement (or so I was told) that if I trash one on the trail or the highway, they replace it. The only thing thing the warranty doesn't cover is vandalism.

They perform awesome for the type of wheeling I do and they are quiet on the road. When we go to replace tiny's 31 BFG's she's voiced an interest in the Procomps.

Comment

Most wheeling trips for me include ~100 miles of highway driving to and from my favorite wheeling spots. So BFG A/Ts for me. They ride oh so nice on the hwy. They are hard rubber though. Just like all other kinds of tires, softer rubber means more grip but less life. BFG A/T are on the hard compound side of the spectrum but I don’t usually have a hard time getting traction. EXCEPT when it is wet. Rain soaked hwys are no problem. But when it comes to mud and snow I might like some MTRs. But I hate mud and snow. So BFGs for me. I bought $15,000 of tires a month for a few years in my last job position. So I still know the Discount tire guys pretty well and they usually give me a good deal. I think in the long run BFGs are some of the cheapest tires to put on a Jeep. :thumbs_up
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I have bfg at on my fullsize and the first set lasted 50,000+ miles and still had life on them. Never had a problem with them or any other bfg tires I have owned.

Comment

$500 for one tire? youve got too be kidding!. I dont even consider procomp one of the blue chip name brands like bfg, goodyear,toyo,michelin or yokohama.I have heard they are made by cooper who from my experience(changed alot of them) made terrible big truck tires. For $500 a tire I would get the bfg rock crawler tires and I dont even think they cost that much.
                          They're 38.5x14.50x20, and actually they come in around $450 or so. I exaggerated a little. But go ahead and find a radial tire in that size for under $400 (that ISN'T made by Interco - I didn't want any of those). It doesn't exist.

I run these tires because I got a smokin' deal on them (and I mean SMOKIN), but I don't work for 4WP anymore, so the smokin deals are gone...

Of all the tires I have run, there's only two that I haven't cut:

Pirelli Scorpion AT's and BFG Krawlers.

I cut so many BFG MT's that I got blacklisted at Discount Tire. I'll never run those tires again on anything that will actually see dirt, including my tow rig.

I cut 3 MT/R's, but they held up WAY better than the BFG's

Now I've cut one of these. I sure wish I knew I could get tires repaired sooner.

Real Krawlers (NOT KM2's) are in a whole different class, but I can't afford 39" Krawlers, and besides, I don't want to run stickies. I need my tires to last.
                          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

I'm currently running the 33x12.5 Cooper SST's, I paid $800 mounted and Balanced out the door. I have a 4 Banger and I havn't noticed any difference in tire roll as opposed to the 33x12.5 Procomp Exterrains I was running. I like the 3 ply side wall on the Coopers and so far they are pretty quiet on the road.
                            "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Pete now that makes sence 20"s are expensive, I dont think I have ever seen 20's on a jeep, what are those 20" tires on? Is it a rock buggy or something? let see a pic. I have only seen 20's on mall crawlers and the usual capable jeep has tires with more sidewall. Sounds like to me you go to alot of extreme places to get so many cuts in your sidewalls with so many tires. I say about 90% of the people on this forum dont have a tow rig and drive thier jeep to the trails. I have heard that the km'2s tires are better all around tire then the crawlers where the crawlers are the shit for crawling. I operate heavy equipment and have seen sidewall repair(its called sectioning) on big expensive tires costing $5000-$10000 dollars for one tire. I can tell you this it wont last and will fail. As soon as its starts to bubble the tire will blow withen a day or so. I hope its not an everyday driver. As far as the coopers being the same as the procomps most likely they are the same carcass with a different tread pattern mold on them.
                              Last edited by Jeeperator; 05-21-09, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Pete now that makes sence 20"s are expensive, I dont think I have ever seen 20's on a jeep, what are those 20" tires on? Is it a rock buggy or something? let see a pic. I have only seen 20's on mall crawlers and the usual capable jeep has tires with more sidewall. Sounds like to me you go to alot of extreme places to get so many cuts in your sidewalls with so many tires. I say about 90% of the people on this forum dont have a tow rig and drive thier jeep to the trails. I have heard that the km'2s tires are better all around tire then the crawlers where the crawlers are the shit for crawling. I operate heavy equipment and have seen sidewall repair(its called sectioning) on big expensive tires costing $5000-$10000 dollars for one tire. I can tell you this it wont last and will fail. As soon as its starts to bubble the tire will blow withen a day or so. I hope its not an everyday driver. As far as the coopers being the same as the procomps most likely they are the same carcass with a different tread pattern mold on them.
                                It's on a Jeep. here's a current pic:

I have as much sidewall with 38.5's on 20's as I did with 35's on 15's. I don't see how it's any different. Plus, compared to a 38x15, I get better clearance.

I'll bet more people than you think have a tow rig, and what does that matter, anyway? There's lots of wheelers here, and lots of them wheel in the same places I do, and have seen the same things with tires. It is what it is.

I wouldn't say I'm any more "extreme" than anyone else here, and in fact am considerably less "extreme" than some. Honestly, most of the tires I have cut have been on stupid trails, like the Doran Loop in Calico, and this last one in a sandy wash. I cut one on Blow Sand hill in Ocotillo Wells, and one on a fire road in LCIR. Hardly extreme.

On the extreme trails, I never have a problem. Go figure.

We'll see how the section repair goes. My Jeep isn't a 30000 pound dump truck. I may have somewhat better luck.

And yes, the Krawlers are the shit. But since I don't have that kinda $$ sitting around waiting for me to spend it on tires, I take what I can get. The ProComps are indeed made in the Cooper factory. They also make Dick Cepek tires, and Mickey Thompson.

Comment

Working...
                                X