Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked my sorce and those bfg km2's tires are back ordered. I can understand why @ $157 a tire thats so cheap for a 35x12.50x15 km2.

Comment

I have ProCom Xtreme MTs, friggin awesome tire.
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        [COLOR=black]Are you sure???? Pontiac[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Slooth and hi-lift :dunno:[/COLOR]
        Go back and read my post "Mr. What about Pontiac Sluice"? :wink:
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

A buddy of mine bought some KM2's two weeks ago. He called everywhere and found the Costco in Canoga Park to have them in stock. Everywhere else were on back order.
          WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
            Just checked my sorce and those bfg km2's tires are back ordered. I can understand why @ $157 a tire thats so cheap for a 35x12.50x15 km2.

Beau, I am definitely interested in talking to your contact about the KM2's...
            Regards,
            Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
              Beau, I am definitely interested in talking to your contact about the KM2's...
              I am pretty sure Americas tire will price match them but not sure if they have the tyires in stock either. What does evrybody think about dunlop mud terrain tire ? My buddy just got some and they look pretty nice for the price also.

Comment

funny, but I bought a set of km2s in February and had no issues about the backorder thing/ got them from Americas tire store. Now about the KM2s, I was advised to get them from Del A. He runs them and said it was a great tire, I have to agree, I love it. I was running MT BAja Claws but I think these are a much better tire. Oh the MT BC was a great tire on the dirt, but was useless on the street, and extremely loud. First trip on the KM2s was to Cal 4x4 convention this year in Primm, which was a great time, but anyway we got to do a run from riverside to stateline (great on the road) then go wheeling in Mud (good grip good self cleaning) in the snow (good grip and cleaning) on trails (good All Terrain work) and after that I have taken a few rock trails where the tires have stood up real well. I wold give them a 2 thumbs up.
                I have run the mtzs on 2 rigs, my FJ Cruiser and my wife's Rubicon runs on them now, they are a good tire off Road but the best thing I can say about them is they are a great tire on the road. She does not really wheel the Rubicon hard and is her DD. Now on the FJ Cruiser I put a set of them through hell and they held up fine, good tires, I was running Baja Claws on my TJ at the time and will say the BCs are much better tire for the dirt, my feeling about the MTZ is it is a great tire for all around use, However since gettint the KM2s I would have to say it is a much better tire.
                Last edited by blackZZR; 04-24-09, 10:14 PM.
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

I ran 33 procomp extreme M/Ts and absolutely loved them. When i stepped up to a 35 i got a deal on the mickey mtzs i couldnt refuse! I'd give a bit of an edge to the procomp although i found them to wear alot faster if you are a daily driver!

Comment

Ok here the deal! I got americas tire too price match those bfg km2's at $157 a tire compared to their $210 a tire but they said they had to add the shipping of ~$60. So with tax and $1.75 per tire bs fee it comes out to $813 mounted with new valve stems and lifetime balance. But guess what bfg has a $70 rebate if you buy 4 tires and I also get a $50 rebate if I use my discount tire credit card that has 0% interes for like 6 months. So $813-$120 is $693 when its all said and done. Not bad a bad deal if I do say so myself. I saved $200 by price matching alone .shoot I might even buy some new aluminum wheels now what do you guys think about these new eagle alloys they just came out with. http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/im...es/1002-M1.jpgThey do have 3.25 backspacing though you think that would be allright? I will be selling my 5 good 33" bfg mudders with soft 8 wheels in the bst forum to help pay for the wheels.
                    Last edited by Jeeperator; 05-13-09, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Beau great deal on the tires, I ran 3.25 backspacing on my old beadlock rims worked for me pretty sure it will work for you

Comment

Ill let you know how my maxxis do. The 33" were $175 shipped to my door ($700 for 4).

Comment

Currently have KM2's -- thumbs up. Quiet and capable.

Have ProComp Xtreme Muds on a Zuk. -- The lugs are a little delicate if you work them hard. Wouldn't use them on a heavier vehicle, but great on my zuk.

Previously used Nitto MudGrapplers. Self-destructed, thumbs down.

Before that, MTR's. Nothing but good things to say about them, but I understand they may not do well in snow. Have also heard there's a newly upgraded design which is getting high reviews. Dunno

Comment

My view of best tires, in no order of preferance:

KM2s
                            Baja Claws
                            Creepys
                            Krawlers
                            Iroks

Tires that are asking for the failboat: MTRs. Never will i buy that tire again. Ill only run them if they are given to me for free, even then id try to sell them. (Most will disagree with me, but to each his own right )
                            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                              My view of best tires, in no order of preferance:

KM2s
                              Baja Claws
                              Creepys
                              Krawlers
                              Iroks

Tires that are asking for the failboat: MTRs. Never will i buy that tire again. Ill only run them if they are given to me for free, even then id try to sell them. (Most will disagree with me, but to each his own right )
                              Yep, I disagree.
                              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                                Yep, I disagree.
                                As I knew some would
                                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X