Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a clunk up front too when i am driving under 30 mph it intermitent and goes away when i put the brakes on. I changed the front drive shaft ujoint so well see if it still does it. If that not it I was thinking my slip yoke or calipers are moving somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      the curry control arms will take care of the bushing problem have had a set of used ones on the front for close to 2 years wheeled the snot out of them and still doing fine. The clunck could have been play on the trust part of the main bearing, if so is your Jeep and automatic?
      I've got the 6 speed manual . . . drove it all around town and I'm so stoked . . . the mysterious clunk is gone. That damn noise was driving me nuts and I'd checked everything I could think of. I was thinking about calling the service manager that I deal with and thank him and ask if they did anything out side of replacing the rear main seal and oil pan gasket . . . I'm guessing something was loose and they either had to remove it for the job or they noticed something was loose when they where up in there . . . either way, I'm stoked. Looking forward to getting those Currie LCAs . . . so sick of the bushings . . . noticed today that one of the flanges has ripped completely off and the one on the opposite side is hanging by a thread . . . these were just replaced about a month ago (2 Big Bear and 1 Lake Isabella Runs). The rears on the other hand look to be in decent shape . . . I'll just rebuid one of the front LCAs with the bushings that aren't trash and keep it in the box for a trail spare.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        I've got the 6 speed manual . . . drove it all around town and I'm so stoked . . . the mysterious clunk is gone. That damn noise was driving me nuts and I'd checked everything I could think of. I was thinking about calling the service manager that I deal with and thank him and ask if they did anything out side of replacing the rear main seal and oil pan gasket . . . I'm guessing something was loose and they either had to remove it for the job or they noticed something was loose when they where up in there . . . either way, I'm stoked. Looking forward to getting those Currie LCAs . . . so sick of the bushings . . . noticed today that one of the flanges has ripped completely off and the one on the opposite side is hanging by a thread . . . these were just replaced about a month ago (2 Big Bear and 1 Lake Isabella Runs). The rears on the other hand look to be in decent shape . . . I'll just rebuid one of the front LCAs with the bushings that aren't trash and keep it in the box for a trail spare.
        Joe,
        That drive is a very short one.... It's not a curse, it's a Jeep. One clunk goes away, another takes it's place...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          Joe,
          That drive is a very short one.... It's not a curse, it's a Jeep. One clunk goes away, another takes it's place...

I've still got plenty of noises, rattles, squeaks, etc, but that clunking was driving me nuts. I swear it sounded like a wrench was left behind the passenger wheel. Maybe the mechanic found the wrench he was missing! Gonna give her a good once over this weekend and will hopefully get the engine skid slapped on there. Glad I got this done now vs in another 6 months when the warranty is expired.
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Well the new ujointdidnt fix my clunking. It did not start until about 2 hours into the run though. Art thinks is the front driveline yoke. There is a little play in it. I greased it really good and maybe it squeze it out causing it to start slopping around after about 2 hours. I think he is right. Anyway I will keep trying too figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              I've still got plenty of noises, rattles, squeaks, etc, but that clunking was driving me nuts. I swear it sounded like a wrench was left behind the passenger wheel. Maybe the mechanic found the wrench he was missing! Gonna give her a good once over this weekend and will hopefully get the engine skid slapped on there. Glad I got this done now vs in another 6 months when the warranty is expired.
              Joe I am missing a couple wrenches. Do you think they are still in there somewhere
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
              X