Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
    I'ts very simple when you wheel you dont put crap in there...
    when your on the way to your camp site, you put crap up there...

and NO ONE stated a roof rack full of a bunch of heavy and tall stuff was what we were discussing here...
    How many of those rigs in the links were driven to the trail do you think?!?!? I say put the heavy shit in the tow rig and leave it there. :yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

this thing is pretty cool (for girls). I got to check it out in person when I went to Colorado this past summer. (note: they took off the rack)
      I made my mom drive us about 1 1/2 hours away to check out the shop, after going to the original shop they told me they had moved. Another half hour drive. Found it! with all the jeeps out in front. Too bad they were "still under construction" and wouldn't give me the time of day. Wouldn't even let me buy a T-shirt or anything. what nice people huh? and I think it was the chick (Cliftons wife/GF) that I talked to.

(OFF TOPIC I KNOW)
      back to the debate
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Umm

Anybody watch
        Ultimate adventure 06 or was it 07 Pink jeep did like 1000 miles round trip with loaded roof rack...Along with a few other Rigs.. yes a loaded rack is bad juju in most cases. But it can be done..Hmmm Camel trophy Land Rovers....Lots of racks there...
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
          you couldnt possibly be that stupid, could you?
          The discussion was on running a ROOF RACK not on running loaded racks. obviously loaded racks would pose a higher COG on any rig. But as i showed there are hard core rigs that both run a roof rack, and otheres that run tires up there.

and Brian, reguardless of whether it was driven to the trail (which in no doubt it probably could have been) it is still running the rack on some pretty gnarly looking trails.

and do me a favor Erik, try not to get into the name calling. I dont really appreciate that. This is a discussion not a 3rd grade name calling contest... Thanks.

hahaha P.S. I like the avatar. funny that when you guys get all butt hurt you go to pull stupid stuff like that.
          Last edited by swbooking; 01-24-08, 06:16 PM.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
            The discussion was on running a ROOF RACK not on running loaded racks. obviously loaded racks would pose a higher COG on any rig. But as i showed there are hard core rigs that both run a roof rack, and otheres that run tires up there.

and Brian, reguardless of whether it was driven to the trail (which in no doubt it probably could have been) it is still running the rack on some pretty gnarly looking trails.

and do me a favor Erik, try not to get into the name calling. I dont really appreciate that. This is a discussion not a 3rd grade name calling contest... Thanks.

hahaha P.S. I like the avatar. funny that when you guys get all butt hurt you go to pull stupid stuff like that.
            i wasnt calling you names..
            you implied that installing a rack doesn't mean using it for its intended purpose. who in their right mind would put a rack on their rig with no intention of putting junk in it.

i implied that you thinking this way is stupid if you indeed were saying that it was to be a show piece, and would not have things loaded onto it.

kind of like having a tire carrier bumper and not having a tire on it... or some KC lights that aren't wired up to use, or 37" tires on a dana 35.

some stuff makes no sense, and this is one of those things.
            if one is going to mount a rack onto their rig, they will likely put junk into it. this is not a good idea for rigs wheeling in off camber situations, as it outs weight too high.

this point has been said a number of times, and you seem not to take it in as you visualize this rack being empty. change that vision to a rack with stuff on it.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

haha OK, changed.
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
              X