Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
    Another angle- You can always buy an Aussie for up front, use it until you get the ARBs and then sell it. Those things are $250 new and I just sold mine for $175 used. Not bad for a summer of offroading on it.
    did you read the first post?
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
      You should know, never seen open diffs stop you. Me and my detriots just keep on keeping on though.
      open diffs don't stop me either, right now a tow strap is cheaper than a set of lockers, and we all know how much my jeep hates tow straps.

not to say i'll never get lockers...just need to save some casheroo first.
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

ARB's are great.

I used the lock rite lockers first and they do work well, but they also suck. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. When you accelerate it will pull the vehile one way and when you let off the gas it pulls the other. When making a turn, u=turn or tight turn it will bind and make lots of noise. They will get you thru a pinch.

Then I did the Electrac lockers - POS - three sets of these - kept brakeing them and customer service sucks worse than their lockers.

then the front and rear ARB. Blown an air line twice and had a pump failure once but would do it all over again, Open diff when disengaged and full lock when engaged - the lockers are awesome.

Go with the ARB and forget the lock rites.

Kirk
        Kirk
        1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
        X