Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockers???

Ok, so somewhere down the future (hopefully within a year or two), my bf and i are planing on getting the ARB lockers (i absolutely fell in love with those). We originally planned for OX lockers. But plans have changed cuz of how well the ARB lockers work.

Anywho, right now we're looking at lockers that just replaces the spider gears. Are there anyone on here that uses them and if so, what brand and how do you like them?

If you love ARBs so much, buy them. don't spend money twice, it just makes the ARBs that much more expensive.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
      If you love ARBs so much, buy them. don't spend money twice, it just makes the ARBs that much more expensive.
      x2. I'm holding my pennies until I can afford axle swap including taller gears and ARBs!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
        x3.
        i bought my lockers twice. in fact, the front 3 times.
        just go right for the good stuff, it works out to be cheaper in the end.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

well, we know... but at the same time, we're going to Loon lake and we'll hit the rubicon trail and we'd like to get the lockers that replaces the spider gears cuz they're pretty cheap.

I know, kinda doesn't make sense. heh.

Comment

find a used lock-right for a hundred bucks, and put that in there. be sure to buy a spare spring and pin set from powertrax for your spare parts bag.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

i had an aussie and it worked great, easy to install..

Comment

I had lock right lockers and kept breaking them...... They are definately not ok after you have 32" tires or better.

I went to ARB's and have had them for 10 plus years with no regrets.

Brett
                offroadwerkz.com
                (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by atamata View Post
                  ...we're going to Loon lake and we'll hit the rubicon trail and we'd like to get the lockers ...

If youre getting them just to run the Rubicon, dont. With patience and finesse, you can run the Rubicon open. You may need a strap once or twice...in the essense of time and all

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                    If youre getting them just to run the Rubicon, dont. With patience and finesse, you can run the Rubicon open. You may need a strap once or twice...in the essense of time and all

Tam
                    Sounds like a voice of experience!
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Wow, ya just missed a free Aussie locker. I gave it to Malachi. He loves it. But I agree with Brian and Erik; go for the ARBs now, or save until you can. You won't regret it.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I totally agree about getting what you want first
                        if ya want the ARBs go for them
                        I have replaced an entire lift because I did not go for the one I wanted first, money thrown out the window. should have started with the nth system first.
                        Anyway. the ARBs are well worth the money, I run with a lot of guys with selectables and it seems they give the least amount of trouble that I have seen.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post

Tam
                          You should know, never seen open diffs stop you. Me and my detriots just keep on keeping on though.
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                            Wow, ya just missed a free Aussie locker. I gave it to Malachi. He loves it. But I agree with Brian and Erik; go for the ARBs now, or save until you can. You won't regret it.
                            Yes! I really like having the Aussie up front. (Thanks again Rat). It was easy to install. It is a little noisy though. I love the ARB I have on the back diff. Eventually, I'll add an ARB up front too. I always like to try to run everything in open diff and use the lockers if I need 'em. Unfortunately, I can't turn off the Aussie.
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Another angle- You can always buy an Aussie for up front, use it until you get the ARBs and then sell it. Those things are $250 new and I just sold mine for $175 used. Not bad for a summer of offroading on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X