• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You seem to be listening to what it wants. Nice
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
      Thanks, Art! I do have a healthy dose of German in the mix. Why do you ask?
      Germans love top make things more complicated then it needs to be. Still love this built, lots of very inventive and ingenious stuff

Comment

German engineering is hands-down the best. That is until any one little detail goes wrong, then it all goes wumpus.
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
          You seem to be listening to what it wants. Nice
          Thanks, Ted So far it's gotten my blood, sweat, and tears, but now it wants my soul. What to do? :dunno:

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Germans love top make things more complicated then it needs to be. Still love this built, lots of very inventive and ingenious stuff
          Haha! I thought that's where you were going with that. There may be something to that. My late (and wonderful) Grandma was Alsatian German and Swiss. Thank you for the compliments!

German engineering is hands-down the best. That is until any one little detail goes wrong, then it all goes wumpus.
          Not true! You must be thinking of Italian engineering! Got some Italian in there too, actually. Grandpa's family were artisans from around Como/ Milan.

My late Scots-Irish dad loved to make stuff. Loved the outdoors too. Always learning. Look forward to seeing him again! :beer:
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            Not true! You must be thinking of Italian engineering! Got some Italian in there too, actually. Grandpa's family were artisans from around Como/ Milan.
            Nope, Italian engineering quits working as soon as the wind shifts. I've worked with so much of it, you couldn't give me a Lamborghini. At least German stuff works perfect until the paint is scratched.
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Nope, Italian engineering quits working as soon as the wind shifts. I've worked with so much of it, you couldn't give me a Lamborghini. At least German stuff works perfect until the paint is scratched.
              It doesn't quit working as soon as the wind shifts, it just needs to be re-tuned. I guess you stay clear of the pin-stripe bushes with your German-engineered 6-spd, huh?
              holes = cowbell

Comment

It works vunderbar. It doesn't have paint to scratch
                "it just needs to be re-tuned" - I think you meant returned.
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Seems that the JK has improved over when Diamler owned it. Go figure.

How's your 3-link coming? I've just started back on mine.
                  Last edited by inVERt'D; 07-31-13, 11:01 PM. Reason: for cryin' out loud!
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

It's slow. Sure is tough to make fast progress when you drive it every day. I'm at the point of designing the lower coilover mounts. I'm thinking about combining an upper C gusset with the mount on the top. Since YJ's aren't narrowed in the frame, it'd be best to move the lower mount out as far as possible to keep from squeezing the coils between the tires and the frame. I'll probably go with Trail Gear custom shock hoops on top. I just have to quit driving it long enough to get the measurements. I have the upper link done. I seriously think it's stronger than both lowers combined. The bracketry is still an erector set. I have to make each piece able to be bolted together and swiveled into position before being welded. It's slow, but accurate.
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

• You gonna notch the frame?
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

• Not planning on it. I need to find the location that won't pull the spring into the frame at full droop and has minimum interference at compression on the stops.
                        -sons of thunder

Comment

• There is nothing I can say, You have crossed every line known to me.

Thank you for sharing, keep it going.
                          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Thanks, Mike! (I think ) I'll keep it going, just been lazy about it
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

• It's complicated David, but however complicated you make it, you will eventually git er done

Comment

• You guys are married, and you think my Jeep is complicated?
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X