Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would of thought you could use foam to center a trans to a bell housing.Great work and thinking outside the box.
    You can make it

Comment

Thanks, Fred! Don't think of it as aluminum, cardboard, and foam, think of it as a space-age composite . You know, like structural insulated panels.

By the way, I think your rig is coming out beautifully (thank you, Art). You sir, are no hack! :beer:
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Freddy doesn't do much rednecking that's for sure!

Comment

That is definitely some advanced rednecking on the at adapter, impressive. I have to get back out your way one of these days and see it in action.

Comment

We all need to get out there to take another go at constipation rock. Y'all remember Barney?

Last edited by aw12345; 05-12-13, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
              That is definitely some advanced rednecking on the at adapter, impressive. I have to get back out your way one of these days and see it in action.
              Thanks, Jonah! That would be great. I'd love to see that high hood in action too.

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              We all need to get out there to take another go at constipation rock. Y'all remember Barney?
              Yeah, I bet Big Yeller and Big Silver would walk right up it. Last time I was there with my bro's Rubibus and another guy in a CJ-7, and I seem to remember that area looked pretty washed-out. I haven't been out that way for quite awhile, so I don't know what it looks like now.

I remember Barney, and his driver Steve, too. Didn't Steve move to Canukistan or something?
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Yup he got evicted by his boss and is happily unhappy in freezing cold Canuckistan

Comment

Well, as long as he's happy
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

just had a minute and a beer, nice work.

You gots some sorta super freaky redneck improvisational skills, kind of shit that skips many generations and then returns. I had feeling when I spoke to you, but now I know for sure.

golf clap everyone to show that we are civilized
                    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post

You gots some sorta super freaky redneck improvisational skills, kind of shit that skips many generations and then returns. I had feeling when I spoke to you, but now I know for sure.

To get the party started, you need moonshine, an empty jug, a banjo, a washboard and a pair of spoons, for a hooting tooting hollering good time

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post

Thanks Mike, but I think you're putting too much on it

Wait a minute, you're not talking about that chromosomal thing are you? That's supposed to be a family secret, cousin!

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        To get the party started, you need moonshine, an empty jug, a banjo, a washboard and a pair of spoons, for a hooting tooting hollering good time
                        That's a rootin tootin, rip-snortin', honkey tonkin' good time!
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

IMPRESSIVE! Did you, spec out your adaptor, patten, it, and licenses it to AA? Your rich now, right? :thumbs_up
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Yeah I spent $10K on a patent attorney and fees, then licensed it out to AA, who sold like 100 million of them to all the people who wanted an NV4500 with their 4.0 TJ but were too cheap to spring for the $1K kit. Now I'm jetsetting with Richard Branson, but when I get bored of designing yachts and troubleshooting SpaceShipTwo, boning beautiful women, and making plans for marketing the Redneck NV4500 Adapter to emerging economies, I like to get online and b.s. with the little people on MJR. Helps keep me grounded.

:cactus::cactus:
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

We love ya baby, so rock on brother.

Comment

Thanks Art, okay, here's a little more rockin'.

About the time I was taking the Jeep apart, dropping the old tranny, t-case, etc., and getting ready to make the adapter spending $2500 on an Atlas was a long ways from my mind. But I guess I must have sent up a request or two to Heaven at some time in the past, because I stumbled upon an incredible deal on a brand-new Atlas 2-spd that and I happened to have just enough cash, so I moved on it like a fat man on a bucket of chicken. Like a redneck on a case of Pabst. Like Obama on your money. Anyaway, it had been sitting in a guy's garage for about 8 years, and he wanted to get rid of it. Had never even had fluid in it.

Atlas II 4.3 Pass-drop, with 32 spline yokes. Came with everything. Check out the old-style case--they don't call them “Atlas II” anymore.

AA Swapped it for a driver-side drop with 23-spline input and 1310 CV yokes, but not before I'd stumbled across a $200 AA coupon some guy had won in a raffle and was selling on eBay for $20. After I'd sold my 231 and the extras that came with the Atlas, I was set back about the price of a TeraLow.

Atlas behind NV4500. Easy on the eyes, ain't she? Every time I see her I remember: God provides!

Now I had some fairly serious gearing in my drive-train. Whereas before my compound low gearing (1st gear and 4-Low) was about 40.68:1 (when 1st gear was working), I would now have about 89.98:1 with 3.73s. No more bouncing over rocks and burning the clutch for me.
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X