Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man............ I wish I would have saved some of my take offs. Nice work there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason View Post
      Man............ I wish I would have saved some of my take offs. Nice work there.
      There's always next time
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• mounted the clock Hah, and I just realized it, I took this photo at almost the EXACT same time of day as the previous photo, haha! Yes, the hands do move correctly, what a coincidence that is

Last edited by daniel_buck; 09-01-14, 09:58 PM.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Time for some yard art! Sprayed it down with hydrogen peroxide, a bit of salt and a bit of vinegar, that got it rusting REAL quick, haha!

Comment

• dude..both are awesome. I bet if you made those clutch clocks.. you could easily sell them for $50.00 each in batches of 10. I love the cactus too!

Here is one of my clients... i bet if you gathered more old Jeep parts you could easily sell your art on FB.

http://www.motoart.com/

these guys make amazing art out of old airplane parts. They even had a reality show on History Channel for a while about 10 years ago.
            Last edited by vwtipeii; 09-20-15, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Yea, that's right south of me! They do some good work for sure

Comment

• Made a better stand for my tube bender, using an old brake rotor as the base. The old stand worked, but I made it so that it would bolt to the bumper of the willys, which isn't all that practical, after a bit of use. hah!

I wanted a stand that would stand up on it's own (when not bolted to the floor) for when it's stored away. With the heavy dies mounted to the bottom of the stand it won't fall over. Lean on it to tilt it up a bit, and I can roll it where ever I want. I'll find a spot to bolt it down later, then I can roll it out, bolt it down when I need to bend some tube, then unbolt it, roll it back out of the way and it'll free-stand on it's own for storage.

I also put the SwagOffroad 8 position mount on the top of the stand, so once it's bolted down I can still rotate the position the bender if a vehicle or wall is in the way of the tube.

And I motified the arm of the bender so that when it's stored away, the arm collapses and is out of the way. The entire bender, dies and all, now takes up very little space when stored away. I'm happy

Comment

• Finished up the tube bender. I put a mechanical trailer jack in place of the ratcheting arm, and it bends nicely! Simple bracket welded to the jack, and it fits on there nicely. I can do it one handed with a drill, couldn't be easier I may not even have to bolt this thing down.

Test bend was .120 wall 1.75 tubing, roll cage size, which is probably the biggest/thickest tubing that I'll be bending. I shot a video of it bending, I'll upload it tonight.

Comment

• video of the first bend test with the trailer jack on the bender! It worked really well. I'm happy

Last edited by daniel_buck; 10-02-15, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• That is Redneck Cool! Would it make it easier on the drill to grease the OD of the tubing that slides in the guide? Just a thought...
                      God forgives, rocks don't
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

• I do spray WD-40 on the tube, die, and follow bar. That does seem to make it easier to remove the tube from the die. Especially for square tubing. Which is what I bend most of the time.

Comment

• made a handle for my die grinder

Comment

• Picked up a small lathe, have been playing around getting familiar with it. Made an oil dish (steel), a pin for my JD2 tube bender (steel) and a small hammer (aluminum).

Also made a jig for the drill press to hold round objects. I've made one of these before, but this one has a larger capacity, the disk in there is over 4" diameter, it'll probably do 5" diameter.

Last edited by daniel_buck; 12-17-15, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• You forgot to show us the lathe. Nice pieces you made. I like the hammer.
                              Rich

Comment

• It's a small lathe, 7x16, I figure it'll be a good lathe to learn on.

Comment

Working...
                                X