Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP 231 replacement with Klune V and Bronco Dana 20 update... stretch soon to follow

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Looks like some cage work won't hurt either.

Skeeter... Really? Glad you weren't hurt. That was a case of "shoulda turned Left but I was looking right"...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• I know everyone hates my ARB Bull bar... I must say that the Bull bar really helped limit damage to the body of the YJ. I just dented the hood a little and nothing was pushed out of the way because the corners of the Bull bar really took the brunt of the force on the roll.. that and the corner of the roll cage... I am glad I have it!!!

Comment

• Well it looks like you have a good start on putting her back together again! All in that is not too bad considering the show you put on for us. Looking back at the video now I see how far off the line you were. I still think if you would have turn in left just a bit sooner it could have worked. I would have liked to see what a bootfull of throttle would have done, next time you can try it that way, lol! I do think that roll cage needs to be looked at closely. The "A" hoop was pushed back about 4-5 inches and the passenger side connector from the "A" to "B" hoop is bent. I also think the "B" hoop was pushed back a little. You don't want any metal fatigue coming back to haunt you next time you are on the lid. I am up for doing more lights, so don't let that stop ya.

Anyway, overall a great day even with some minor steering issues, a broken hub and flop. Mike did a great job driving for his first off road experience and Tom did a great job driving for his first times at Cougar Buttes in the little '56. It was one to remember for sure!

Comment

• wow! glad you're ok
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• When you sent me the Text the other night I was glad to hear that nobody got hurt.. Now that thats out of the way.. she looks like a good candidate for our new complete YJ cage we have been building... plus we can fix that poor basket.. lol
            [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
            PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

• Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
              When you sent me the Text the other night I was glad to hear that nobody got hurt.. Now that thats out of the way.. she looks like a good candidate for our new complete YJ cage we have been building... plus we can fix that poor basket.. lol
              You might want to build a new basket out of 0.25" wall chromoly with the beating it has been taking, lol!

Comment

• I dunno if there is anything Skeeter proof

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                  You might want to build a new basket out of 0.25" wall chromoly with the beating it has been taking, lol!
                  funny part.. its made from .120 wall already... hahahaha
                  [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                  PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

• Glad that you are okay Brett. I'm with you on that bull bar. My damage was greatly minimized by the hood loop on my bumper. It's the main reason that i still have that hoop today.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

• Thanks Mike, Josh, Art, Daniel, Kurt, Curtis, Jason and everyone else if I didn't add your name. She will be back up and running in no time!

Josh, the basket itself is fine but the welds broke holding the support bar to the tire carrier this time. Last time in Parker, AZ I hit a canyon wall and the backet bent down. We used a high lift and bent it back up into shape. The paint flaked off the support bar that has the 20 degree bend or so where the metal itself fatigued.. That should be gusseted in the future. Also some cross bracing should help keep things "square"

Again.. the basket is great and is strong. It's just the supports that don't like to be bashed against canyon walls for some reason... lol

Josh, I am up for a new cage if you want to sponsor me. I have a few of your stickers all over my lil YJ already I think the brackets for the light bar are still more or less intact too. We took them off to try to remove the windshield. I am glad the light bar was not mounted for my ballet session.
                      Last edited by vwtipeii; 04-30-13, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• hmmm now i wish I just went this route from the beginning... this is pretty much as good as it gets:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Comment

• ya but half the fun is getting there, and you are getting there and having fun.

glad you're ok. Jeeps heel fast
                          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Hey Brett,
                            When I saw you at Calico, remember I asked you about the adjustment on the shocks? It seems to me they have them cranked down pretty far, and after watching the video again, your suspension barely moved throughout that whole sequence. I think the shocks are screwed down too tight. Might want to consider backing those adjusters off a whole lot.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• His whole suspension setup is jacked about 2" max uptravel all the way around, Needs a serious redo by somebody that is competent in suspension setup. Will finally make Skeeters Jalopy an awesome performing Jeep

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                His whole suspension setup is jacked about 2" max uptravel all the way around, Needs a serious redo by somebody that is competent in suspension setup. Will finally make Skeeters Jalopy an awesome performing Jeep
                                I was thinking, maybe a good set of Kings, would fix his unloading issues. Art, you think the links aren't designed well, either?
                                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                                X