Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great Dennis. Those axles look really clean. Glad they are working out for you. That's going to be one nice CJ.
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      Looking great Dennis. Those axles look really clean. Glad they are working out for you. That's going to be one nice CJ.
      Thanks Chuck,I Just scrubed and painted them.I left the rock rash cause they earned them the hard way.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Dennis if you need a hand tomarrow, just give me a call.
        760-680-5328
        Rich:gun:
        But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

just a question for u spring under guys... cant u just lift it by welding the perches on the top of the axle? whats the reason for having to buy the lift kit? everything i have ever owned has been spring over. just curious.

Comment

Spring over opens a can o'worms in the axle wrap and steering departments. They flex like crazy and break springs easier. It's a convenience and over-all cash issue.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
              just a question for u spring under guys... cant u just lift it by welding the perches on the top of the axle? whats the reason for having to buy the lift kit? everything i have ever owned has been spring over. just curious.
              For me springover would be too high for the size of tire i want to run. A yj spring over with stock springs will fit 35-37" tires with no trimming.

If i ever do spring over, it will be a complete radical change with d60's and 40"'s.
              "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

gotcha. i was just wondering how that would work out. i kew there was a resaon why.

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                  Spring over opens a can o'worms in the axle wrap and steering departments. They flex like crazy and break springs easier. It's a convenience and over-all cash issue.
                  Yep,there are a lot of things to figure in on SOA.The 2 CJ's Ive seen,both were useing stock YJ springs,had a really nice ride and flex.
                  Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Got some more done this weekend out in the damn wind,This is where I should be working.........

Rear axles in.

Front axle

Still have to replace the POS shackles and waiting for brake hoses.
                    Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Hey dennis, now we can be twins with out stinkbug jeeps!
                      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                        Hey dennis, now we can be twins with out stinkbug jeeps!
                        LOL,can you believe thats 4"s? It's supposed to settle around a inch or two but it makes those 34's look tiny.
                        Last edited by GP4Play; 04-13-10, 10:06 AM.
                        Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Looks good Dennis. Looks more than 4" I tell you. Coming along nicely.

Comment

Yeah when I put my 4.5" springs on they ended up being about 6.5"
                            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

I'm going to need a ladder to get into the beast. I can't wait to drive it. Glad, I made that extra set of keys, so when Dennis gets it done and hides the keys I will have my own set.:wink::smile:

Comment

Lookin awesome there Dennis ..really good stuff keep the pic,s and progress coming..Thanks Geeb
                                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                                X