X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing some farting around in the man cave :rofl:

Making some progress with the rear crossmember

My babies getting wet

Should be done with that tomorrow as well as finish all the welding on the back end. That should take care of about 90% of the frame/cage work.
    Still needs a few odds and ends.
    Then on to welding a high steer arm on the left knuckle and building a steering setup.

Comment

• Looking good Art. No rain up here, just blowing like hell. :bolt:
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• Got the crossmember finished to my liking, just need to paint the other half of it

Should be more then strong enough to keep the rear suspension in place regardless of how carried away I get

Comment

• What Engine tranny TC combo are you going to be running in that thing?

Comment

• Gonna start out with, what's in there. Will see how things escalate from there

Comment

• Lookin good Art. Slowly but squirrely
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Yup it's a tinker project without the hurry, much more fun this way

Comment

• After some goofing around today, I went to the steel yard and bought some material to start building a fuel cell mount.
                  Made pretty good progress on it

Last edited by aw12345; 12-10-12, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Got a little something in the mail today

Sucker is heavy

Comment

• Gonna have some fun the next couple of days, figuring out a way to tie this thing to the front axle

Last edited by aw12345; 12-15-12, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• when's the grill done!?
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                          when's the grill done!?
                          When I get it in the mail

Comment

• My technical advisers coming to help and watching progress

but after a long conversation with those two, I formulated a plan to mount the steering ram. The big hurdle is to make the whole shebang or part there of removable to get access to the diffcover

Comment

• Good thing I listened to my technical advisers, damned dogs are a lot smarter than they look. As it stands I got the rough idea worked out on how to bolt the silver bullet under my buggy. Tube 1.75" x 0.25" tube is going to be welded to the axle housing (has enough clearance to remove the carrier easily). Then a plate is going to be welded to the diff cover and bolted to the tube and the axle tube. The steering ram mounts will be welded to this plate and that will conclude that dilemma.

Comment

• K-9 to rescue! Looks like a good solution to keep everything tight and accessible.

Comment

Working...
                                X