Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toolman View Post
    I bet the jerk that sold it to you is kickin himself right now :bonk:
    I dunno. Mike did you ever stick that little dohicky in the mail?

Comment

• I am embarrassed to say, and apologetically, not yet.:oops: sirry

It's on the dash board of my van. I have no excuse other than laziness, I see it every time I get in. It could be a subconscious way to hang on to the only thing I have left of my budget buggy build. I will re prioritize and get it out to you, I was really hoping to find something else I could donate and take a drive out to see it and you in action, but it seems as though you got every nut and bolt I had for it.

I'll call you to see when I can stop by. I may be in Corona on Friday.
      You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        just behind it, seems like a good place for it. Weld two tabs to the back of the crossmember and bolt it to that
        That will save having to modify the driveshaft, which can be a PITA.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

• These are cut already just have to true them and weld them

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolman View Post
            I am embarrassed to say, and apologetically, not yet.:oops: sirry

It's on the dash board of my van. I have no excuse other than laziness, I see it every time I get in. It could be a subconscious way to hang on to the only thing I have left of my budget buggy build. I will re prioritize and get it out to you, I was really hoping to find something else I could donate and take a drive out to see it and you in action, but it seems as though you got every nut and bolt I had for it.

I'll call you to see when I can stop by. I may be in Corona on Friday.
            Should be home around 5.45 to 6pm

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              These are cut already just have to true them and weld them
              I forgot you have a lathe. Had to true mine on the Jeep, dial mic on the upper control arm.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

• Started mocking up where the steering ram has to go. Where the piece of angle iron sits is what needs to become the bottom of the frame

Comment

• Oops, something went missing

Something went back on. It even sports a Jeep TJ radiator, fits it perfectly.

Has enough room now for a double ended steering ram.

Comment

• Fiddled around with the rear suspension some, looks like that is going to live the way it is. Going to plug the numbers in and if that comes out as happy as it looks I'll leave that alone. Just going to truss the rear axle some and gusset the frame side mounts to the crossmember add a few more pieces of tube and the back should be officially done.

Next on the list is to mount the radiator and trans cooler. Then on to some bracing of the front tubing

Comment

• lowrider

Plenty of room for a Taurus or MK7 fan

Jeep radiator looks right at home, found a spot for the trans cooler also

Thinking about using 5 pieces of 1" tubing to give it a 7 slotted grille
                      Last edited by aw12345; 11-23-12, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• I really am starting to like the look of the front of this thing.

Just haven't got a clue where I will hide the winch or how big a winch I'll need
                        Would be cool to stuff something like a Warn 6000 lbs winch behind the radiator

The front is pretty well tubed out

Got pretty much the front tubed out

Last edited by aw12345; 11-24-12, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and look at a part that's semi finished

Comment

• That's really coming together! Awesome :-D
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                              That's really coming together! Awesome :-D
                              Lots and lots of stuff left to do, but I am definitely not bored. Having a ton of fun creating it into something I like.

Comment

• No kidding! I bet that's tons of fun. Some day maybe I'll have the time and space to build a buggy, boy that will be a learning experience for sure, haha!
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                                X