X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tinkering along, looks like I am good on clearance

Comment

• One more part put in it's permanent home

Last edited by aw12345; 12-24-12, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• It's a work of Art .
        You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolman View Post
          It's a work of Art .
          Yup and right proud of it lol

Comment

• Are you going too brace that flat piece? I just have my doubts about it taking the abuse being welded to the axle. Might end up ripping it from the axle once you are trying to move those big tires on the rocks. How much pressure does the hydrualic pump put out, versus your welds? Just my 2 cents worth. Kevin.

Comment

• The plate gets bolted to the tube, tube gets more bracing. it's not going to go anywhere

Comment

• To all my online Jeeping friends and anybody else that wanders in here merry Christmas and a happy New Year Y'all.

Comment

• Hope ya had a Great Christmas Art and, Here's to a Better New Year :beer:
                  Dennis and Tammy
                  Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• Happy New Year Art !!

have you figured out what knuckles and arms you're going to use ?

Comment

• Thanks Mike, for now what is there, going to make a arm for the left knuckle and weld and bolt it on.
                      Should be ok. There are actually knuckles and bolt on arms on the market, might replace them with those in time

Comment

• Not sure if you want to see how the other one was done but here ya go anyway. Cheers to learning, the hard way.

first I grinded a very nice notch into the knuckle

then I heated the knuckle in the bbq and welded on a 1/2" plate under arm

then I added another 1/2" plate that extends to the rear of the knuckle and keyed it in on the caliper bracket, then with a bevel all the way around top and bottom pieces I welded them together added the gusset

I planned on drilling and tapping it with some 3/8 bolts but never got around to it. Then you came and took the billy goat away to a better life in your stables.

that was a process I won't dare repeat

Comment

• Stuck the cyl head back on yesterday. Went junkyarding today, found a spare ecm, I'll be damned if I can figure out where the trans ecm is mounted. Second junkyard I went hunting for a taurus fan, none worth a damn to be found, however found a bigger fan from aV8 Thunderbird that fits the TJ rafiator perfectly and it's about as big a fan as you can possibly mount on a TJ radiator.
                          Pretty happy about the fit

Comment

• Up in the air if this is going to grow on me. Going to take some doing to make it look good but it has possibilities and what elser oh yeah I like Jeeps lol

Last edited by aw12345; 01-26-13, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• It has merit

Comment

• TJ Punisher Edition looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X