Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some concrete on the side of the patio will help the parking problem.

Might outboard the front lowers. Gonna try and get this baby running first then all the suspension fun can start. 16" travel air shocks ought to make it a bit flexy

Comment

• Dude you need a girlfriend it's cheaper but thats debateable lol. My buddy ordered his suspension parts and sport cage we will be by in the next couple weeks to drop his yj off. His project should help fund your new project. I'll give you a call before we come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
        Dude you need a girlfriend it's cheaper but thats debateable lol. My buddy ordered his suspension parts and sport cage we will be by in the next couple weeks to drop his yj off. His project should help fund your new project. I'll give you a call before we come.
        Bobo you want to shoot at shit, I just plan on running over it with a bigger better mouse trap :-)

Comment

• Now that I think about it I built 3 rifles in the last month I guess I'm have the same issues on a smaller scale lol. What motors goin in it? My buddy has a nice newly rebuilt Merlin block 515 I built about five years ago sitting in his garage. It's pretty mild and should put out about 650 hp.Not sure he'd sell
          it though.

Comment

• Pretty happy camper today, after about 6 hours of playing with the wiring spaghetti and pouring over the wiring diagrams with a magnifying glass,(got to love getting old lol) The thing is alive, runs pretty sweet too. Need to wire in a fuse box, a few more relays and an ignition switch. Probably wouldn't hurt to put a proper fuel tank in either. I was pretty ecstatic when it roared to life.

Comment

• What engine is it? Can't tell with your finger on the lens lol.

Comment

• 3.0 V6 out of a Nissan pathfinder

Comment

• So I did ok shortening the harness ?
                  You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                    So I did ok shortening the harness ?
                    It was missing a bunch of stuff, had to splice in about 10 wires which got power to the injectors and ecm, still needs several relais added> I basically got just the basic functions working. Most of the stuff you did was correct so yeah pretty good job

w

Comment

• So what axles are you putting in it?
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
                        So what axles are you putting in it?
                        Either Dana 60 or Toyota, kinda whatever deal comes along

Comment

• How about 4 wheel steer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                            How about 4 wheel steer?
                            I have enough trouble figuring out where I am going with 1 steering wheel lol.
                            Doesn't mean that a future mod wouldn't include rear steer.
                            Spend a few hours trying to lay things out to my liking.
                            Starting to form an idea where I want to go with the front suspension.

Comment

• Did a bit more visualizing and starting to get a clear idea where the frontend parts and front suspension will go

Going to shoot for about 7" separation between uppers and lowers, triangulate lowers probably a bit more then what it shows right now.
                              Left header needs to come out just a bit more to clear the driveshaft at full stuff. The air shocks mounts most likely get moved around a bit to get good clearance. Going to booty fab tack this stuff together hopefully sometime next week so I can flex the whole shebang to see if it will all happily life in harmony with each other.

Comment

• Axle is pretty much hanging in place. Going to sit back and do a bit of thinking about ride height and up travel.
                                For the most part it looks like things will fit as intended. Will pick up a plasma cutter Monday or Tuesday and see if I can spend a bit of time fabrimacating. Going to narrow the bottom of the tube frame so all the legs angle in towards the frame.
                                Need to cut the upper airshock mounts off, those need to move up a bit. Need to cut all the crap of the axle tube and diff housing.
                                Looks like I will be happily entertained this coming week

Clearance of the drive shaft with the left wheel stuffed about as far as it will ever go.

Full stuff

Not quite full droop

Comment

Working...
                                X