pretty by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Red is good color!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trailabite View Post
        Red is good color!
        X2 on the Red!!
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

• Yup loving it

Comment

• Moved a few things around, hope this is a better spot for the radio, seems like 2 rain storms killed it.

switch panel by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Started mounting the new steering ram, some finish welding and that part is done, then on to making shorter tie rods and I should have some more steering angle. 8" ram is eventually going to end up on the rear axle.

steering ram by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Steering ram mounted and bled, tierods cut and shortened, cut another 3/8" of the steering stops to keep them from hitting at ful turn. Probably shaved close to a 1/2" of them total. Liking the steering angle. cannot give it more or the tires will start hitting the upper control arms.

steering angle by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Steering is finished, tinkered with my Big jeep some yesterday. Found a new fire extinguisher ands made a mount for it from scrap metal, got to stick with the scrap metal/ scrap part theme on this thing.

First part I made by tigging aluminum, welds are fuggly but well burned in, so all is well there, pretty happy with it. Just got to find a small lock pin.

extinquisher (4) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

extinquisher (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

extinquisher (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

extinquisher (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Got a new tinker project to spend the winter on. Bought a 4.0L engine for my big Jeep./ Engine with wiring, exhaust, ecm clutch. The whole enchilada for 350 bucks. Will be nice to get some power out of my big Jeep.
                    Oh well boredom is a terrible thing

Comment

• It's a way off yet before I yank the engine out of my Jeep. As long as I don't have too move the position of the transfercase then it should be a fairly straightforward swap. Gotta figure out a reliable way to run the electric fan and running an exhaust is going to be fun. When it's all said and done, I am pretty sure plenty of lil challenges will pop up.
                      Then there's the idea that has been ratteling around in my head to lower the grille and the front of the hood, change dash and dash bar. Make rolled front fenders, so it might spend a considerable time in the garage. Once that's done will polish up the cage in my yellow Jeep and put it up for sale. Make the big Jeep my daily driver.

Ideas, Ideas lol

Comment

• big jeep daily driver sounds like fun
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Nice price for an entire engine package. More power is always nice!

I messed with a bunch of different switches for my various electric fan setups.

This style was the worst:
                          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._email_1p_3_ti

The controller/relay kept rattling apart or melting.

Then I ran one like this for a while:
                          http://www.jegs.com/i/Painless/764/3...FUdlfgodGJYIbg

It was stuck in a coolant passage in the intake near the thermostat. It was very reliable, never had a problem with it. Then I just started running off the ECM. Regardless of the switch used, I always ran them through a regular 30a relay. I did fry a relay once but it was in version with the adjustable controller and I think the whole thing was getting hot. The peak draw when the fan is starting is probably spiking over 30 amps but that only lasts a moment.

Comment

• I like the 70 amp relays for the fan motor

Tinkered with the powersteering reservoir, gave it a halo inside the reservoir. Will see if that stops the puking. Seems to be a common and annoying problem. In other news got my radio back from Yeasu, rain killed it free warranty repair yeah. Got 2 of them buggers now

Comment

• Made a mount for the race radio in my big Jeep

radio (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

radio (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Changed the way my tire carrier mounts to the tub. Can properly close the rear window now. Gonna have to re engineer the way the bar mounts that hold the rear window at the bottom. Or make some different latches so I can open the fold down tail gate from the outside.

tire carrier by aartjestaartje, on Flickr.

Next is the engine swap and some tube rear fender flares that will clean the back end up

Comment

Working...
                                X