Hot doggy it was a royal pain in the rear to get this transfercase out

Comment

• Explosion continues

transfercase (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

transfercase (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

One gear fitted, case ground to fit

transfercase (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Its a Nissan TX 10 case, putting in 4:1 gears.

Gonna weld some nuts in place so it's easier to take stuff apart. Finish welding some other stuff, make a few flanges for the 2 bars I cut. Then the next round I'll flange the exhaust pipes.

Got the case halve clearanced, bearings installed, few more parts need some attention then clean everything and stick it back together

Comment

• Instructions say grind as little as possible to get needed clearance, this should fit the bill.

shift fork (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Sticking the transfercase together was a royal pain in the arse, but it's done. Nappy time Yeah.
            Gonna see if I can juggle this ugly devil back in place tonight. Gonna be fun, it's heave, ungainly and where it goes is pretty darn tight. Also going in ya fight gravity. Shoulda flipped the buggy over lol

Comment

• Nice progress for the day, got the transfercase stabbed back in place. Took a wee bit of Redneck engineering to pull it up rotate it, flip it and shove it home. Seeing that it weighs close to an Atlas it was a interesting proposal, that I was not looking forward too.
              Best part was that it went in easier than it came out, that rarely ever happens!

nice progres (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

nice progres (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Spy Pics from Freddy's garage?
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• PM him, didn't take any pics a few days ago. He is making good progress though

Comment

• All back together, loving that, welded all nuts that are hard to get too. Should make disassembly much easier and quicker.
                    Got my water fill thingy in the mail, will play with that next weekend.
                    Added a dohicky, for those days that you run out of hot air :-)

compressor (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

compressor (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Good idea, Art. Did you test that little guy to see if it will re-seat a bead? I am also tight on space. I'd like to be able to use a smaller pump, in a pinch.

Comment

• I have seen beads set with smaller compressors.
                        With a beadlock it doesn't take much air to seat a bead

Comment

• Well since boredom is a terrible thing, just had to do it, changing the tire carrier and maybe some aluminum doors is next.

top (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr.

Also mounted this do hicky and found a speaker for the race radio.

top (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Is the silver one, a master power shut off? Looks like the one I have on my toy hauler. Whats the blk knob do?

Comment

• Silver one is for the Torque converter clutch, black one is the shifter for the transmission, replaces the TCM and lets me shift all gears manually.

Comment

• Tinker, tinker, looks like this top is there to stay, some half doors of whatever variety and it'll keep the weather out. Got it mostly mounted, needs a few strips and a pair of half door surrounds and it's done. Kinda surprising that it fits my taller roll cage as well as it does.

top (5) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

top (4) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

top (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X