Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Karma is on the up side.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Yup, still would have been easier if the darn compressor would have worked right to begin with.

Comment

• Had to have a little bit of fun today and also started the wiring for the compressor and lockers. For the York I mostly used and adapted the factory AC wiring. Also hooked the power leads for the winch up. Next is finishing the wiring and switches and secure some of the wiring under the hood. I am pretty happy with how the gearing is working out it climbed on top of the tire with barely any throttle, it basically walked right up.

Last edited by aw12345; 03-11-11, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• You have done a great job on your build. I bet you can't wait to try it out.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• yup getting pretty antsy

Comment

• Started on a panel for the compressor, locker and winch switches. Not looking to bad so far if I say so my self

Comment

• Looking good Art. You think you will be done for IDTT?
                Check out .

Comment

• Should be, not a whole lot left that needs attention

Comment

• Finished my switch panel today and wired the compressor, lockers and winch, just have to add a diode to the idiot light for the compressor and it's happiness in Jeeper land

Might even add an air gauge to the panel in the near future

Comment

• Nice! I think all jeeps should have a metal dash....it is just the right thing to do.

I have been thinking about a dash mounted switch for the winch, can you wire it to work with both the remote and the dash switch? Or do you just ditch the remote?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                        Nice! I think all jeeps should have a metal dash....it is just the right thing to do.

I have been thinking about a dash mounted switch for the winch, can you wire it to work with both the remote and the dash switch? Or do you just ditch the remote?
                        All you'd have to do is parallel the connections. You could set it up to run from the dash (with a disable switch for safety) and just plug in the remote when you need to be out of the vehicle. (sorry for hijacking Art)
                        God forgives, rocks don't
                        -sons of thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                          Nice! I think all jeeps should have a metal dash....it is just the right thing to do.

Hi Jonah, on my other Jeep everything is hard wired so you can use either one at the same time, on this one I got a little lazy and just used an old controller cord for the time being meaning if I want to use the other remote I simply pull this plug out of the winch connector and stuff the other one in. On my other winch back in time the control switch on the remote died so I ended up with the cord and the correct plug for it which I wired to 2 switches, the cool thing about it is that it supplies power from the winch so no additional wires to run. One of the reasons for the metal dash wash that the shifters got pretty close to the center bezel and I had no need for all the dothats on it any way so the cutter came out and the metal went in. Makes it a lot less of a hassle to add switches also 4 srews a drill and some wire and it's done

Comment

• Where the stereo goin? I cant see art going out without his tunes. lol Is the heater still going to work still for those long cold days and nights in the hammers. If not might as well rip all that stuff out to lighten the load.

Comment

• Spmewhere along the line the heatercase is coming out, is going to be transplanted in my other Jeep, might be nice to have AC in my little toy, seems to me the steel plate has plenty of room for a radio or some kinda amplifier and an I pod if I feel the need for it. That or we will have you play some tunes for us Beau, it's about time we drag you down a trail or two

Comment

• You and fred have outdone me by far. I stick with the easy fire roads like john bull and motino. Ill bet your itching to get that beast out.

Comment

Working...
                                X