Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt he wants to drive out to OC, mind you this is for the glass only, no gasket or urethane sealer. A local glass shop had quoted me 80 bucks just for the glass. You should be able to find a windshield installed for 150 bucks

Comment

• Picked up this little darling this afternoon, turned into an all afternoon drive in traffic, but well worth it

Here is one of the reasons for the why
      NV1500 on the left and NSG 370 on the right

Comment

• That isn't going to fit art might as well give it too me, lmk when I can pick it up lol. Dont you have to change the input on the transfercase too? Is that the trans from the link I sent you in elsenor? What is your TC gearing anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          That isn't going to fit art might as well give it too me, lmk when I can pick it up lol. Dont you have to change the input on the transfercase too? Is that the trans from the link I sent you in elsenor? What is your TC gearing anyway?
          Picked it up in Chula Vista, Beau all you need to do is get out of the house and wheel Ole Blue
          by the way the Atlas is a 5:1

Comment

• Art Congrats on being TJ of the month on Jeepforum.com :thumbs_up
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Art Congrats on being TJ of the month on Jeepforum.com :thumbs_up
              Kinda cool ha, sometimes I like silly things like that. Not that it was made to be a show boat lol

Comment

• Congrats Art!
                I found something to stir the brain cells for you. Apparently in the M class Mecedes with the nsg370 has even deeper gearing.
                Mercedes-Benz ML270CDI 6 sp manual NSG 370 * max. torque input 272 lb / ft 370 Nm
                1st 5.014 :1, 2nd 2.831 :1, 3rd 1.789 :1, 4th 1.256 :1, 5th 1.000 :1, 6th 0.828 :1, reverse 4.569 :1
                weight 40.5 kg

What I have seen from Chrysler is that these were also used in the Crossfire - which has a short throw shifter factory installed, with the only difference being the front case half/bellhousing. If you could confirm the Mercedes numbers and got lucky enough to find one, you may be able to just swap front halves.

All of your throwout gear will swap right in. The only caveat to this tranny is that they don't like to shift 1-2-3 fast at all when they're cold. I just double clutch for the first two or three starts. The only trouble I had with mine was that the shifter felt really rubbery and stiff when using 6th. 1-5 was fine, but going into and out of 6th just felt weird. I changed the fluid after 2000 miles twice and it's been happy ever since. Glad to see you got it!
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

• O have seen that there is a wide ratio trans, nice to know, where it gets used. The one I have in my yellow Jeep is not easy shifting when cold, you kinda have to refrain from speed shifting, but I love the gearing it gives for my 4 poppers
                  Last edited by aw12345; 07-03-11, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Mounted a rear view mirror on the rollcage and built me a cup holder for my water bottle.
                    On to some a dome light and some rock lights and I am ready for a knucklehead night run at the hammers

Last edited by aw12345; 07-04-11, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Working on the comfort part of my put put Jeep, made a little rack for my cooler.

Next is an interior light and some trail and rock lights, might even break down this long weekend and do some painting on various parts to make it all pretty
                      Last edited by aw12345; 07-04-11, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Found a nice strap to keep the cooler in place, got the dome light working and started doing a bit of rattle canning underneath

Tomorrow I am going to help a friend regear his dad's Jeep, after that the rest of the weekend will be spend painting some more odds and ends on my toy. Than it's on to wiring some driving and rock lights and stick the windshield in that I ordered from Percy's racing back East. The blemished windshields have a pretty good price on them
                        Last edited by aw12345; 07-04-11, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Started roughing out a mount for my KC lights

Bracket done

Wired my lights, just need to add a switch

Last edited by aw12345; 07-04-11, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Started roughing out a mount for my KC lights

Bracket done

I like that, Art: clean and elegant. Consider your design ripped-off.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Wasn't the saying that copying is the highest form of praise. It isn't bad for some scrap steel

Comment

• I do some of my best work in scrap steel. What happened to your fairlead?
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X