Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a bit more done, cage has some paint on it. I am a lousy painter though.
    Some stuff under the hood got a home, mounted the vapor cannister and pump.
    Found a piece of metal that will work sweet for the fuel filler neck.
    Cut the skin of an old tail gate makes for a very light tailgate replacement

Last edited by aw12345; 11-29-10, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Looking great Art! Roll cage and seat mounts look very clean.

Comment

• Finished mounting the rag top today, mounted hood latches. Found a home for the fuel tank filler neck and got my gears for the rear axle, so will start regearing and installing the lockers this week.
        Then the remaining list would be:
        Make rockers
        Raise body mounts
        Fix lights
        Make an exhaust system
        Make a cold air intake
        Remove wiper mechanism
        Remove heaterbox
        Run airlines
        Install air tank
        Mount winch
        Wire and plumb lockers and onboard air
        Make some frame tie ins for the roll cage
        Some tow points
        Go wheelin

Comment

• Not long now. Looking sweet.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Started on the rear axle gears yesterday, will have to run out to Unitrax in Anaheim for a crush sleeve and some seals today.
            Bearings are all good and came of without problems. Should have the rear axle done tomorrow. I was worried about the gearing since the axle was marked 4.56 and the gearing was way to tall, turns out it has 3.73 gears in it. makes me feel better about running 5.38's

Comment

• Art LOOKIN really coolio there my bro...Thanks for all the pic,s and updates.........
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• Got the gears and the ARB installed in the rear axle. All in all worked out well 2 tries and it was all happy. Then on to the crush sleeve which left me just about crushed. The darn thing did not want to crush with a 3/4" impact gun and that thing puts out close to 1100 ft/lbs.
                So a 6ft cheater pipe and a lot of moaning and groaning got that done. Drilled and tapped the hole for the air tube and got her all buttoned up for the day. Next week gears and locker in the front axle.

Oh yeah in the mean time put some christmas lights up

Comment

• Fixed the rear brakes today, amazing the difference a pair wheel cylinders make.
                  Also 5.38 gears and a 5 to 1 transfercase make a decent crawl ratio, works a lot better than the 3.73 gears that were in the rear axle. Tomorrow I will start on the gears and locker in the front axle, pfft there is light at the end of the tunnel and some fine rocks in the near future.

Comment

• Looking good Art. That crush sleeve is a bear I know.

Your not shaving the 14 bolt? You can at least cut of about 1" without doing any welding to the cast.
                    Check out .

Comment

• A date with the grinder for the rear axle is on the to do list

Comment

• Started messing with the gears and locker for the front axle

Comment

• Not a bad day today,had to go shopping instead of wheelin, but got to keep the wife happy too.
                          Still managed to get the front gears set and installed.

Another one scratched of the list

So now of to the movies we go
                          Last edited by aw12345; 12-12-10, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Started thinking about onboard air.

Comment

• What a shiny looking york! Looking good Art!
                              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• Started making a manifold for the onboard air and a place for the ARB solenoids.
                                Had some ends crimped on a nice shiny hose that Fred donated to the cause, thanks again bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X