Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started hunting for parts today for the engine rebuilt of my buggy. Found pretty much everything to convert it from TB! to port injection. Ordering a pair of camshafts and a rebuilt kit is next. Tryinmg to get it rebuilt and hummi8ng before my August Colorado and New Mexico trip. Also ordered a Lowrance Baja GPS. So I can actually find trails by GPS way points. Entering the modern age yeah!

Comment

• Score or nightmare? Time will tell, atleast I got pretty much everything to do my swap.

score by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Dolling it up.

gps (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Ordered these.

scrappy cam by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• pretty

Comment

• Well she done exploded Also tagged all the wired for my intake and ecm swap

exploded (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

exploded (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

exploded (4) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

exploded (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Should know what size pistons to get tomorrow
              Last edited by aw12345; 06-20-16, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Pulled the engine further apart today. Piston knock came from the piston that had a run in with a flat washer, looks like all pistons were washing oil by the rings. Going to do some measuring later today when it cools off. Is about 110 today. Measurements will tell me if it needs boring or not and what size pistons and bearings are needed. This lil engine is surprisingly well made and stout.
                Lots of stuff to hotrod it too, oh well I guess for when I get bored in the future.

Comment

• Marking all the wires takes the fun out of reassembling.
                  Rich

Comment

• Hahaha it's a mighty fine jigsaw puzzle as is

Comment

• I need to do that next time I do any major wiring work..... label everything. HAH To many red wires and black wires
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Well this isn't just about hooking wires back up. It's about changing the engine from TBI to port injection, which means an entirely different ECU, different intake manifold and engine harness, which I have to make up from scratch. About 70 plus wires need to find a connection.

Comment

• Engine block is dropped pf for hot tank and boring yeah, hope to pick it up next monday

Comment

• All went well

challenge (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr
                            and then

challenge (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Oh well, life's little challenges

Comment

• Had to pull a trick out of the hat, throttle body pointed at the shock. Challenge resolved, upper manifold of a older Nissan quest and things look much better.

challenge1 (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

challenge1 (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Pretty much all the plumbing will work with very little alterations

Will put the airfilter under the dash much better location for fording streams

Comment

• Well today was an interesting day. ordered some parts online to pickup at the local Napa warehouse. Figured why not 10% off for no extra work, money is money. Got there and their computer system was down so 10 parts guys standing around with a thumb up their hiney. What ever happened to parts books. Made one thing very clear if there ever is a serious EMP strike we all are thoroughly screwed.
                                After about 40 minutes or so computers were up and running again and I got my parts and a Napa hat. Day didn't get much better after that, trying to put the camshaft gears on I noticed that I had fubarred the camshafts, cast iron cams do not like a date with a half inch impact, oops! Oh well had to do some thinking to save those darn things. One side the centering hub broke off (this was a bad boo boo) so machined a spaced that fit the gear and the bolt nicely, tack welded the dowel pins in place put it together like that and drilled an extra hole for an additional dowel pin. Did this on the other cam also. Was a ton of work but should do the trick. Cranks shaft had a bad woodruff key hole. Fixed that with a lil bit of welding and some judicious work with a file and it's all better again. Put a new timing belt on since I do not want to mess with this again for quite some time. Sure hope tomorrow is a more productive day.

Comment

Working...
                                X