Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't you have a 6 cylinder 6 speed laying around?
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

• Yup next project

Comment

• Isn't it sad that when something breaks you are happy to have something to fix?
        Had be wondering why the engine and trans started shifting a while back when I put it in gear, found the culprit today after my after wheelin inspection. Looks like I have a lil welding and gusseting project today

Comment

• All better

motormount by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Figured a lil bit wouldn't hurt. Tube was cut in by the weld, is what caused the break, not going to happen anymore.

Found something else to waste time on

flare (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

flare (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

After a buddy used my tube roller to make some cool front fenders, I figured it's time to get some use out of them

Comment

• Shit happened

enginesdwap (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

enginesdwap (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

enginesdwap (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

enginesdwap (4) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

enginesdwap (5) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• About done exploding

WIN_20151112_12_50_31_Pro by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Sticking the 6 speed trans and transfercase back in to figure out where the engine mounts got to go

Comment

• One jumped out and another jumped in

It gets a 6 speed I had out of a 4.0, they are different than the one from the 4 banger. Atlas is going back in.
                  Driveshafts will stay the same as well as the trans mount. Just got to alter the engine skid, make room for the exhaust. Move the motor mounts, see if the upper 3 link clears as well as the front drive shaft, wire the whole shebang and go from there. Steering reservoir and steering pump hoses need some masaging, piece a cake as they say.

WIN_20151112_16_40_18_Pro by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Should have that done by morning, right.

Comment

• Nah motor mounts will be done tomorrow, then altering the engine skid, clearancing the transtunnel. Making the exhaus fit. Then on to wiring and making the electric fan work. Fun lil project

Comment

• Making good progress, gonna try and fit the exhaust next.

WIN_20151113_15_39_06_Pro by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• No more 4 banger?
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Nope glued 2 squirels on

Comment

• Must a done something right, ya turn the key it actually runs. Lots of stuff left to do, but hear it start and run was pretty nice.
                              On to fixing the clutch and building alternator and York OBA brackets. Once that's tackled the end is in sight

Comment

• I hope it doesn't squeak like the last 4 squirrels did
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                                X