Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I need going to get a bigger hammer then.....
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
      Looks like I need going to get a bigger hammer then.....
      Since one side of your Jeep is already 'slightly' dented, we should just lay it on its side so we have a better angle to beat on it! :thumbs_up
      -Bob
      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Now thats a good Idea!
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Shafts are done today and hopefully will go on tonight. Still need to do some sheet metal work.
          Supe

Comment

progress pics??
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Havent had a chance to upload my camera pics. I havenet been home in a week! I am hoping Sat. I will be done.
              Supe

Comment

Supe post picture of the linkgage area and the install in this area please

thanks
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Will do tonight, Britain.

So I drove her yesterday and learned that I have a LOT of messing to do with the shifter. What I didnt do is go through the shift patterns before we put the STaK in so there are some gears that I cannot get into. Fortunatly 2H is one I can get into, but not with ease. (so I am not driving it now.) Also, I need a little more clearance so I will put some spacers in the TC Skid Plate to see if that helps.

Other than that, I wanna hurry up and get on the trail!
                  Supe

Comment

Damn, sounds like you are so close to finishing it! At least it can move now
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Some pics from the install. I am going to remove some sheet metal from the body to make more clearance.

Installed

You can see how much clearance I dont have. Kinda hard to tell from the pic but the TC is touching the tub.

Adjusting the shifters. There is still a lot of adjusting to go.

Last edited by TJSUPE; 05-15-06, 10:38 PM.
                      Supe

Comment

That is one big transfer case! Let us know how that linkage and tunnel work is coming.
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

UPDATE:

Worked on the Jeep this weekend. Previously I had the STaK Clocked at Horizontal. That created clearance issues. We dicided to clock it at 4 degrees. We modified the tranny mount again due to the new angle of the STaK. Witht he new angle the stak actually touched the skit plate. BARELY. We cut out a hole in the skid (mind you I have the flat skid and not the stock TC skid.) and we are going to fab a plate that comes down a little more, maybe 1/4" lower to clear that corner. We had to remove the shifters again so I am back at putting those back together. Not too much more to go. I am hoping to bu up and rolling this weekend.

I dont think this install would have taken nearly as long with a stcok TC skid plate. With a Flat Skid there is more fabing and cutting necessary. I would recommend going straight to the 4 degree mark if you get this STaK and have a Belly up.

More pics to come
                          Last edited by TJSUPE; 05-22-06, 03:08 PM.
                          Supe

Comment

which "flat" skid do you have?
                            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Its a Goferit. It has about a 1" drop on it. My bad. Its not a tru flat skid.
                              Last edited by TJSUPE; 05-25-06, 04:10 PM.
                              Supe

Comment

Got everything done this weekend. Took her for a test drive close by home. The gearing is pretty impressive! I am expecting to have to make adjustments to the shiftre linkage for a bit, but I am just glad to be back on the road. Thanks to everyone that helped out. Really appreciate it.

Steelman, thanks for letting me crash at your place all week and for the hospitality. Made life easier on me....I will try to post some pics tonight or throughout the week of the rest of the install.
                                Supe

Comment

Working...
                                X