Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the time comes, I'd love to see some side-by-side pics of it against the NP231.

I wonder if they make one of these for a VW Golf?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I will try to remember to snap some pics of them together. I am going to try to put together some sort of write up together. Nothing too fancy...
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

new TC

looks totally sweet. Should be real cool to finally have all these gear levers sticking up from your pan.

now you can sell your NP231 and recoup some of the $$ you have emptied on this bad boy...

...or you should keep the NP231, install a 4:1 low gearing kit while it is sitting conveniently on the work bench, and sell it to some poor guy with a stock TC like me...
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

You buy the 4:1 and I will gladly install it for you. Hey if your nice I will install it in your jeep too

I think I have the TC spoken for. We will see.
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
            When the time comes, I'd love to see some side-by-side pics of it against the NP231.

I wonder if they make one of these for a VW Golf?
            Having looked at this thing last night, I think it's actually the same size and weight as a VW Golf!
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
              looks totally sweet. Should be real cool to finally have all these gear levers sticking up from your pan.

now you can sell your NP231 and recoup some of the $$ you have emptied on this bad boy...

...or you should keep the NP231, install a 4:1 low gearing kit while it is sitting conveniently on the work bench, and sell it to some poor guy with a stock TC like me...
              I have the Taralow 4:1 mounted to my stock TC, and it kicks ass. There isn’t anything I can’t climb as long as there is traction.
              Drew
              95yj Six Pack

Comment

does anyone make a bolt-on reducer that bolts to the ass end of the NP231, that would allow you to use 4-hi, 4-low (stock ratios in the stock TC), and adds a 4:1 low if engaged? I know it sounds silly but it's these silly ideas that sometimes make people lots of $$

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
                  does anyone make a bolt-on reducer that bolts to the ass end of the NP231, that would allow you to use 4-hi, 4-low (stock ratios in the stock TC), and adds a 4:1 low if engaged? I know it sounds silly but it's these silly ideas that sometimes make people lots of $$

Klune V.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    Klune V.
                    Well that bolts between the transmission and the NP231.
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I would hope so - bolting something to the back of the 231 would only affect the rear wheels...
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY
                      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

sorry...wasn't thinking 'technically' when i posted that one. about the Klune V...totally sweet but I'd probably drop $300 more for an Atlas or Stak...some distant day in the future...

Comment

We got a lot done this weekend with a lot of help from friends. Thank you very much Steelman, FuelRod, Nagal everyone that ansered questions etc....

We got the STaK in. We are still having issues with the top of it hitting the bottom of the tub. I added some spacers to the body lift as well, no luck still. We had to modify the tranny mount too. Possibly a 2" body lift would work but I do not really want to go that route

It is getting there. I am going to add a spacer to my flat skid to drop it a little and clock the STaK down 4 degrees to see if that will give me enought clearance under the tub.

Question: Any atlas owner, Did you or how bad did you modify your tranny mount? I am assuming I cant get rid of it all together, right?

I will post some pictures later this week. All in all it is a straight forward install. I hope to get my Driveshafts done this week and rolling by this weekend. I have a feeling I will be adjusting the shifter levers for quite a while. There are a lot adjustments that can be made and will probably take some time to make perfect.

Forgot to mention that we did pount the you know what out of the tub to gain clearance. We probably raised it about 2"
                          Last edited by TJSUPE; 05-01-06, 09:17 AM.
                          Supe

Comment

did you pound the tub up?
                            when we did brians atlas, there was quite a lot of pounding required to clearance the tub for it to fit.
                            it is counter productive to lower the center skid. i also would not suggest "shimming" the body lift.

get a BFH and move the tub up from underneath.
                            you could also make a couple of slices in the floor to allow it to move more freely, then repair it with some sheet metal.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I forgot to mention that we pounded the crap out of the tub. We probably raised it 2". Some areas we could not raise becuase of the bracing on the seat. We torched it too to heat up the metal.

We were under there for quite a while.

What about the tranny mount. On your YJ, did you have to modify it? Is it different from the TJ? Can I get rid of that thing!

Nailer, like you said the other option is to cut the tub and replace it with some sheet metal but we didnt have the means to do it at that time. Anyone wanna come over and help weld some sheet metal on there for us Would there be another way to attach the metal. Rivets maybe of some sort??
                              Last edited by TJSUPE; 05-01-06, 09:20 AM.
                              Supe

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                                I forgot to mention that we pounded the crap out of the tub. We probably raised it 2". Some areas we could not raise becuase of the bracing on the seat. We torched it too to heat up the metal.

We were under there for quite a while.

What about the tranny mount. On your YJ, did you have to modify it? Is it different from the TJ? Can I get rid of that thing!
                                cut out what is in your way, and make a new piece to cover the hole.
                                i know it is a bitch to move it by the seat with a hammer. i hit brians about 100 times with a 15# sledge. it was the hardest part of the whole job...

you should be able to get this done without messing up the integrity of the seat support.
                                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X