• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who took a piss? do you guys have a dictionary we can reference? hehe
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
      Isn't your driveshaft length going to change with the high 9? I would think so...
      Awwww, craaapppppp. I didn't even think of that-Anyone wanna buy a driveshaft for a 4" lift? Less than 8 mos old!
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
        Awwww, craaapppppp. I didn't even think of that-Anyone wanna buy a driveshaft for a 4" lift? Less than 8 mos old!
        You can have yours modified for a lot less than a new one. Any DS shop can do it.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
          You can have yours modified for a lot less than a new one. Any DS shop can do it.
          Good idear!

Comment

Assuming the DS will be a shade too long, maybe shift the axle back a little by redrilling the center pin locating holes. Hey presto longer wheel base. :yay:

But...if you want 1350 UJs you will need a new shaft anyway
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

piss

Originally posted by sarah
              who took a piss? do you guys have a dictionary we can reference? hehe
              Yes, of course...

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

Taking the piss means to make fun of.

On the piss means crooked, not straight and square.

For extra credit look up: piss oneself, piss artist and piss about.

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                1350 UJs
                translation, please.

Yes, of course...

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

Taking the piss means to make fun of.

On the piss means crooked, not straight and square.

For extra credit look up: piss oneself, piss artist and piss about.
                Unless one is English, upon which pissed would mean drunk.

Comment

The YJ comes with Spicer 1310 U/Js on the driveshafts. I think most other Jeeps use the 1310 as well, I'm not sure.

If you are messing around with axles and therefore drive yokes you have the option of going to the larger Spicer 1350 U/J.

One plan is to go with a 1310 CV joint at the transfer case and 1350 at the rear diff.

1310 Spicer Series: 1 1/16" Cup Diameter (Dim C - Diagram A) 3 7/32" length

1350 Spicer Series: 1 3/16" Cup Diameter (Dim C - Diagram A) 3 5/8" length

I am not an expert so feel free to correct me :shades:

Comment

Me

Edit: Damn I didnt read the other posts. Well, if you end up getting rid of it, we could use it.
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Im going with a newer 29 spline 8.25. Unfortunately the deepest gears it can take is 4.56. Eventually ill get up to 33s when my money tree starts blooming and i decide exactly how much fender will meet the sawzall. Just for reference, you TJ folks have it to damn easy. 35s on an XJ.......there's some work for ya.
                      B R E T T
                      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

The YJ comes with Spicer 1310 U/Js on the driveshafts. I think most other Jeeps use the 1310 as well, I'm not sure.

If you are messing around with axles and therefore drive yokes you have the option of going to the larger Spicer 1350 U/J.

One plan is to go with a 1310 CV joint at the transfer case and 1350 at the rear diff.

1310 Spicer Series: 1 1/16" Cup Diameter (Dim C - Diagram A) 3 7/32" length

1350 Spicer Series: 1 3/16" Cup Diameter (Dim C - Diagram A) 3 5/8" length

I am not an expert so feel free to correct me :shades:
                        I see. But I have a TJ, not a YJ. Does the above still apply?

Comment

I see. But I have a TJ, not a YJ. Does the above still apply?
                          As far as I know.

The whole issue with the rear axle yoke is the little tabs, that locate the U/J in place, are weak. The tabs break off, the caps back out and you're bollocksed.

My goal is to get a yoke (or other mounting arrangement) that will prevent this from happening. In this case I think 1310s will be strong enough.

Comment

I am a little late here but maybe I can add a few words
                            I had a 65 cj5 for years, ran what came with it, never had any trouble, when a u joint busted, I can say it was years old. That jeep did mud in Lousianna for years and mud is terrible on u joints. I ran a skid plate over the u joints when I move to CA. but the factory ujoints worked.
                            I now have a 04 SE, I wanted the new 4 banger and am glad I have it, it has great torque and gets phenominal gas mileage compred to the 4.0, but thats not what we are talking about here.
                            One of my first mods was a D44 with a detriot auto locker, and a drive shaft with upgraded ujoints. Why? because I am now passing out 100 percent traction not 50%. 12,000 miles, one trip in mexicos back country, I have done John Bull and 2n17x twice and the u/joints still are tight.(yes I gbet under the puppy every 1000 miles and check it out.
                            I ran the Detriot in my 65 with stock u/joints no prob. but I now make a few more bucks than then, so I upgraded.
                            My advice, look at your wallet, if a extra set of u/joints are the key, do it, if 300 plus for a shaft with upgraded joints is the key, you still have to carry spare u/joints.

Getting off my soap box

You wheel what you can, do not try to live up to someone elses expectations. and remember, I will take the go around if I want to, noone makes you brake your junk but you.
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

What upgraded ujoint are you running. 1310 spicer??? or bigger?
                              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

So, in the interest of my continuing education, when you say the 1310's and others are "bigger" are they interchangeable with "smaller" ujoints?

Comment

Working...
                                X