Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever drop in a v8 in replacement of a 4banger??

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
    Note to self - inventory old friends, query if I was ever that stupid.....
    I think maybe we all were,
    Last edited by blackZZR; 04-24-09, 10:41 PM.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

i think this started off a little hard on the guy. turned out looking pretty good though. what are the number like on that rig?? hp/ft?? what did you end up doing for a tranny, tcase, etc. and what happened to selling it?? to many questions for a saturday evening.
      :devil: Giffer

Comment

Originally posted by Giffer View Post
        i think this started off a little hard on the guy. turned out looking pretty good though. what are the number like on that rig?? hp/ft?? what did you end up doing for a tranny, tcase, etc. and what happened to selling it?? to many questions for a saturday evening.
        I was really hoping for "old fart" to chime in. The LS1 is rated at 305 - 350 hp and 335-375 ft·lbf, on top of that I have hooker shorty headers to dual 2.5" pipes then 'bullet' mufflers with turn downs. This summer I am getting an LS6 intake which adds a little more hp too.

transmission I used a 4L60e, rebuilt by me and used a trailblazer torque converter with a mini-stall. t-case is just the np231 w/ SYE, then to a tom woods driveshaft to a ford 8.8"

Comment

Originally posted by TxJeepTJ View Post
          I was really hoping for "old fart" to chime in. The LS1 is rated at 305 - 350 hp and 335-375 ft·lbf, on top of that I have hooker shorty headers to dual 2.5" pipes then 'bullet' mufflers with turn downs. This summer I am getting an LS6 intake which adds a little more hp too.

transmission I used a 4L60e, rebuilt by me and used a trailblazer torque converter with a mini-stall. t-case is just the np231 w/ SYE, then to a tom woods driveshaft to a ford 8.8"

Very clean. The engine looks likes it belongs there. Nice work.
          Check out .

Comment

I guess you can teach an old fart new tricks!

Comment

Working...
            X