Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perfect, thanks. I hear good things. the bottom line is an Atlas 2 is bad ass, but probably overkill for me!

With the stock setup as is even in 4-low im standing on the brakes and sliding down hill....

Comment

Rubi crawler replaces the tail housing of the 4 speed auto trans, so it sits in front of the transfercase and only works with the 4 speed auto trans in the later model year Wranglers

Comment

What Art said...

What the manual says is pretty much the same. The first sentence is:
        This unit fits Jeeps 2003 to 2011 with the 42RLE automatic overdrive transmission.

The ratios are impressive. With stock T/C:2.72:1 and 7.40:1. With the 241 NP it has 2.72:1, 4.0:1, and 10.88:1.

It will also work with an Atlas.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

It was designed to fit in the void behind the 42RLE in the JK. That transmission was originally used as a transaxle in the front of minivans. Since Jeep wanted to get the JK out the door they just grabbed the motor they had the most of. The problem came in flipping it sideways to be a rear output. Without the planetary box mounted up, Jeep decided to fill the gap with a hollow tube rather than give us longer driveshafts. AA just used some of that rare stuff (common sense) and fit the planetary from a 241 T-case in there. It's an awesome way to beef up the gearing to the ground. The best part is that it takes a substantial load off the transmission. Unfortunately, it's still a minivan transmission and marginal for hard use.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

So based on popular vote it looks like the 241OR and if you have a bigger wallet or satchel for those who are "In style" it would be the Atlas.... I personally am in favor of the Atlas. I do wear sandals but no satchel....
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              What Art said...

What the manual says is pretty much the same. The first sentence is:
              This unit fits Jeeps 2003 to 2011 with the 42RLE automatic overdrive transmission.

The ratios are impressive. With stock T/C:2.72:1 and 7.40:1. With the 241 NP it has 2.72:1, 4.0:1, and 10.88:1.

It will also work with an Atlas.
              Strange, MIT says it won't bolt to the stock TJ, and 4-wheel parts says it will....so I called AA and gave my VIN and they confirmed it will. Man I hope so!

Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X