Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62mm throttle body

well, i just got my throttle body bored... what a difference in throttle response! you can feel it immediately. this tired 4.0 will now fly through the rpm scale so fast, that you have to watch the red line!
    i am very excited about this mod. all of this performance stuff is new to me, but.... this is one i highly recommend to all that read this.
    take a look in the for sale section if this interest you... then shop arround, and see if you can find it cheaper.
    i am not recommending this because i'm selling them.. i'm selling them because i recommend this mod!
    rick... :shades: you're going to love the results!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

If I can ever find a throttle body, computer, throttle cable, and all the other bs I'm going to need to do this....lol. I'll be in touch

:shades:

Aahhhh, if I only had more time....
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Bored TB

Yes! I just did this Mod last week and it gives you a nice little power band. I've already had a Rock - it air intake for a while now and plan on getting a Gibson exhaust in the future. I wanted to pep up the engine before I started adding more weight to the JP. What do you guys think about the Gibson exhaust? anyone used it or other Cat back exhausts? Next for me is the armor. J-k
      [FONT=Impact][COLOR=DarkRed]'04 Rubicon [/COLOR] ------ Rock-It Air Intake / Jeepers & Creepers Bored Out Throttle Body[/FONT]

Comment

I have been wanting to do this one and now I really want to do it!

Erik, I looked in the For Sale section but did not see anything :confused:

Maybe I just need more coffee.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

i havent been selling these for a while...
          pm rick, i think he has an extra stock one.
          ERIK

Comment

Where did you get it bored at? :confused:
            [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
            In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

i had a friend at a machine shop. he will no longer do them.
              ERIK

Comment

HI erik did you have to do any more mods to do the throttle body or do you just do it and drive

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy
                  HI erik did you have to do any more mods to do the throttle body or do you just do it and drive
                  just do it and drive. your jeeps computer will adjust for it.
                  ERIK

Comment

Finally found a used throttle body, is $50 (shipped) a good/decent price?
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Yes bringing this thread back again

I got a throttle body coming. Once I get it cleaned up is there anything else that needs to be done besides having it bored out to 62mm? I have heard of companies that sell the bored out bodies also putting in some special butterfly valve (I think thats what the metal flaps in it are called).
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

if you are going to take it to a machine shop to have it bored... i suggest you just go to 60 mm. this is just removing the necking down in the stock tb. this way you can utilize the existing butterfly.
                        i will be talking to a machinist this afternoon... i'll see what he charges for something like this.
                        i should be picking up my steering arms from him today. i hope!
                        ERIK

Comment

Thanks Erik! Any idea on where to get a new butterfly if I decide to go 62mm or do I have to have one made?
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

i honestly dont know. but i would think that whoever has a machine capable of milling out the tb will be able to make a butterfly for you.
                            i havent been to the machinist yet today, but hopefully later on i'll be able to talk to him about this.
                            i'll let you know how it works out.
                            ERIK

Comment

My new/used throttle body arrived today and boy is it a mess. Any suggestions on what to use to clean it up before taking it to the machine shop? I have heard carb cleaner works great.
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                              X