Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb cleaner is great i use it to clean everything from sparkplugs to chainsaws. any how i asume all you guys are talking the 4.0 or so how bout he 2.4 would this be benificial for me heck ill take my stock one off and bore that dang thing out!!!
    im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
    4 inch rough country lift
    35x12.5LT16's
    super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

I have read the best thing to do with 2.5 is get a 4.0 throttle body and put in on. No boring or anything like that
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
        I have read the best thing to do with 2.5 is get a 4.0 throttle body and put in on. No boring or anything like that

he did say 2.4 which i think is the new 4cyl right? im not sure how different the 2.4s are compared to the older 2.5s......just pointing that out
        B R E T T
        87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

YUP I DID SAY oop caps on 2.4 ill look into that 4.0 throttle body tho thanks
          im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
          4 inch rough country lift
          35x12.5LT16's
          super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

I did miss the 2.4. I see 2. and automatically think 2.5
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Bored TB

Hey all, I know of a company in California that sells bored TB's. The company is Jeepers and Creepers. Talk to James. I have yet to do this, but everyone who has seems to rave about it. Additionally, another member at the website I frequent (Rubicon Owners Forum) owns a company that makes portable emission equiptment. He ran a test and it came out exceptionally clean.

Website: http://www.jeepersandcreepers.com/ge...rottlebody.htm

If you would like the numbers on emissions, drop me a line:

bluerubi@sbcglobal.net

Michael
              1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
              3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by RUBICONN
                Hey all, I know of a company in California that sells bored TB's. The company is Jeepers and Creepers. Talk to James. I have yet to do this, but everyone who has seems to rave about it. Additionally, another member at the website I frequent (Rubicon Owners Forum) owns a company that makes portable emission equiptment. He ran a test and it came out exceptionally clean.

Website: http://www.jeepersandcreepers.com/ge...rottlebody.htm

If you would like the numbers on emissions, drop me a line:

bluerubi@sbcglobal.net

Michael
                so i guess im SOL for an 87 4.0L??? i see 91-96 but those are the high output motors. Will it work for mine? or is it better for me just to go to a machine shop and getting it bored, and once i do that what about the butterfly valve do i need a new bigger one.
                B R E T T
                87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I checked the jeepersandcreepers site. They only offer 60mm bored out throttle bodies. It would probably be cheaper to go to a machine shop and have it bored out.
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

My bad!

My bad all.... I'm used to newer jeeps on the other websites... not much experience with people owning older models. Otherwise, it may help a few of you, but not all. I'm still learning! Just out of curiousity, I would still contact them to see if they would consider doing other TB's. One drawback, unless you have a temp. replacement, you would be without your Jeep till it came back...

Michael
                    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                    3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Any suggestions on what to use to clean it up before taking it to the machine shop? I have heard carb cleaner works great.
                      Gunk Engine Brite followed by brake cleaner. Make sure you remove all the sensors first.
                      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

How much did you pay to have it bored? I am thinking about boring mine to 60mm unless i can find a great deal on 62mm or they will bore it and add the butterfly to 62mm for not to much more.
                        98 Sahara, not much done to it, 30x9.50 BFG A/T's, but a set of 33x12.50 M/t Baja claws waiting to be put on. Carr deluexe rota bar wiht some lights on top. to many wants to list on such a small space!

Comment

Erik,

You lost me on making the t-body bigger for better response. Are you sure there is not more top end so it seems better????

I ask this cause to make a carb more responsive you restrict air flow so the velocity of the air is greater, to make more top end you open up the carb to get more horse power due to more possible air to mix with fuel.

Is a t body on an injected unit that different?? Or are you seeing the extra power at high RPM’s????

Thanks
                          Scott
                          Last edited by Scott Hill; 11-16-04, 08:37 AM.
                          A little TJ with a few mods
                          real-jeeps.com

Comment

i have never put my jeep on a dyno, so i am speaking only from a seat of the pants feel.
                            when i speak of being more responsive, i mean that it seems that the rpms seem to go up faster from idle. it may have to do with the injectors. my stock injectors were messing up, so i replaced them with some larger ford injectors.
                            perhaps the 2 things working together is what is giving me the feel of more power.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

OK now that makes sence add more fuel and more air and get results. My statment was based on a constant fuel supply.

Scott
                              A little TJ with a few mods
                              real-jeeps.com

Comment

Alright Eric, you're killin' me here. First you have great throttle response, later you casually mention that you have new injectors that are larger and then in another thread, you are getting above average gas mileage.

I am horribly confused. Must be the YJ version of the motor and computer??

I don't doubt you, just don't understand.
                                I am Savvy.

Comment

Working...
                                X