Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck, did u do any extra work to ur Warn's or just mount as was when u bought? I'm taking all the advice and calling tomorrow to cancel the Smitty's and get the Warn's...

Comment

I ran the Warn sliders and they did significant damage without the backing plates.
      I may have been harder on my jeep than you plan to be on yours, but it is still best to install with the aluminum backing to sandwich the body panel.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
        but it is still best to install with the aluminum backing to sandwich the body panel.
        Agreed. If you go with Warn Joe make sure you do this.
        Check out .

Comment

Look at these

Comment

Bob, those are nice, but I'm guessing custom? Thinkin they're $500 a side, easy.

Comment

I wouldn't think those rockers would be 1000 bucks for a pair . . . doesn't look like it would be much more work or material to make them vs most other quality rockers. They might be custom though . . . GenRight makes some Mini Boat Side rockers and I don't recall the price being outragous, but those don't look like the GenRight ones. The attachment points underneath sure look odd.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

It doesnt look like they cut the body tub for those. If I were having boat-sided rockers, the tub would have to be cut, and those hooks on the front and back would have to be capped at an angle so they can slide.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Yea those corners at the end of the step/ tube does look pretty sharp. They sale for a whoppng $639 or something like that. Even if I had the money I probably just have some custom built to my own specs. But for now no money, no sliders. I will wait. Just wanted to share this pic.

Comment

Not sure I like the idea of them being attached to the frame...
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Yep my same thoughts, no expandtion joint for flex between body and frame.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                        Not sure I like the idea of them being attached to the frame...
                        Nor the 6 bolts hanging down from the frame just waiting to be torn off.
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Yeah I am starting to lean towards just a L angle with no bar,and make sure I have a flat pc on the inside for more ridgidy, That way I do not loose any precious ground clerance, especailly since I only run 31s on a 2in BB. what do you guys think? I have also noticed on some pics sliders with bars look like the bar actually gets in the way. We will see.

Comment

Something like this

Comment

Working...
                            X