Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run these brand on my LJ, and they are made extremely well and go under the body to the frame.
    www.schrockworks.com

http://www.shrockworks.com/Jeep-TJ-R...-pr-16150.html
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Tumble! I'm ordering mine today!!

Comment

Those are NICE, I believe thats a smart choice. I want a set. Gotta save some more money. Hey send pics later once you get them installed. Happy 4 Wheeling.

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
          Thanks for the feedback Tumble! I'm ordering mine today!!
          From what I have seen the crinkled finish peels off when dragged across the rocks.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

[COLOR=black][COLOR=black]It seems to me that this type of rocker would cause more body damage like Tam posted. I believe these are better for side impact versus being hit from underneath.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
            [COLOR=black]If you are slamming on the tubing that would in turn put added stress on the flat plate resulting in this type of damage:[/COLOR]

Not knocking your choice just making an observation.
            Check out .

Comment

I have to agree with you on this. The chosen SmittyBilt rockers are lacking in proper attachment, and will very likely rotate, rip or move the screws within the sheet metal and do significant damage to your jeep body.

You should consider aluminum backing to help prevent this rotation.
              ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                I have to agree with you on this. The chosen SmittyBilt rockers are lacking in proper attachment, and will very likely rotate, rip or move the screws within the sheet metal and do significant damage to your jeep body.

You should consider aluminum backing to help prevent this rotation.
                You all seem to be assuming that they'll actually fit . . . we are talking about SmittyBilt right?
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                  You all seem to be assuming that they'll actually fit . . . we are talking about SmittyBilt right?
                  I was being nice.
                  ERIK

Comment

That damage can be avoided by getting rockers that wrap and attached far under the body, to the frame (but not attached). Once again, wheel well to wheel well door to frame.
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                      That damage can be avoided by getting rockers that wrap and attached far under the body, to the frame (but not attached). Once again, wheel well to wheel well door to frame.
                      Like my Warn's?
                      Check out .

Comment

My thinking was, because I am smaller, that I actually hit on the side and pivot off tube step. I thought about the Warn a lot, but really wanted a step. As for aluminum backing -- would I install that on the inside of the tub?

Comment

My thinking was, because I am smaller, that I actually hit on the side and pivot off tube step. I thought about the Warn a lot, but really wanted a step. As for aluminum backing -- would I install that on the inside of the tub?
                          Yes, Backing on the inside of the tub.
                          Smittybilt, generally speaking is someone else's stolen design shipped off to china to be massed produced with inferior materials.
                          ERIK

Comment

Smittybilt is shittybilt. They're junk.

Comment

Joe, you can still pivot without the tube. All kidding aside you want something that covers like Tam said. I like mine and have the abused the hell out of them and they have not caused any body damage but there some other good choices out there. For me if I had to buy a new set they would be the same Warn's or the Savvy's. :2:
                              Check out .

Comment

Warn makes a good skid, but you have to add in the backing plates and do some creative engineering to make them do what they are supposed to do. The savvy stuff comes pre-engineered and has all of the backing plates with them.

They are both better than smittybilt.
                                ERIK

Comment

Working...
                                X