Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCKSLIDERS Body Mount VS Frame Mount

I did not know where to put this, but I need help deciding whats better frame mount or body mount sliders. I am a mild wheeler, I got a lil 4 Banger with a 2in BB and 31in BFG muds. Plan to go with a real lift atleast a 2 1/2 and 32s or 33s. Some day. Any way I did not want to much wieght or overkill that would drawf my Lil rig.

Frame mounted sliders do not let your frame flex in the way it was intended to. It causes the center section of your frame to be very rigid so all the flexing is concentrated on the last 2 1/2 feet of frame rail. This can cause cracking in the frame. The lower section of the tub is very sturdy. Tub mounted sliders are much better for your Jeep especially if you intend to spend time with one or two of your tires off the ground.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Well thanks for that info, I was thinking of you the other day. I needed to tell you I did get discos for christmas, just have not installed them yet. And wanted to thank you again for those discos you offered a while back, that was very nice. Hope you are doing well. O yea on what you said about rocksliders does this refer to jeeps?

Comment

You loose a bit of clearance with the frame mount type. The body mount type, disperses the load of the impact very well. I've slammed mine alot and have used them to pivot the jeep around a rock, and they have never bent or tweeked the tub in any way.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by quicksand97 View Post
          Well thanks for that info, I was thinking of you the other day. I needed to tell you I did get discos for christmas, just have not installed them yet. And wanted to thank you again for those discos you offered a while back, that was very nice. Hope you are doing well. O yea on what you said about rocksliders does this refer to jeeps?

Your welcome. I was talking specifically about Jeeps. The ones with frames at least. The XJ guys probably like the body mounted sliders too.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

The body mounted sliders have about 3" more clearance than the frame mounted. Poison Spider makes a mice one, that we put an a buddys Tj, that fit nice and attach into the body mounts. We bounced them off the rocks in the Jeepers Jamboree at the Rubicon without any problems.
            It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

Will 3 more inch in clearance sounds good, especially since I run a small lift, with 31s, and plan to go with only 32s. We will keep that in mind. Thanks a bunch we will look into that.

Comment

Check out the SAVVY sliders. http://www.savvyoffroad.com lightweight and JV tested.

Comment

Yes I took a peek at those and my concern is how much beating will they take. They sure look nice and I like the fact they are light and rust free. Thanks

Comment

I built body mounted sliders that tie into the rear two body mounts on center of tub. They are also tied into the front of the cage footing.

I have slammed them hard with full weight of jeep and no issues.
                    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Wow That sounds nice, do the wiegh much and might you have any pics?

Comment

I really like my Warn sliders. Body mounted and no problems.
                        Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

Originally posted by DirtBall89 View Post
                          x2. Beat the $#!t out of mine and they have held up great.
                          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by quicksand97 View Post
                            Yes I took a peek at those and my concern is how much beating will they take. They sure look nice and I like the fact they are light and rust free. Thanks
                            I run Savvy's gas tank skid, and its awesome.

I think Eriks running all aluminum now. And hes brutal on them. They'll take as much abuse as steel. In fact, Savvy has a guarantee if I remember correctly. If you can destroy them, they'll replace them.

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by DirtBall89 View Post
                              Can you use those warn sliders as a jacking point. I also believe they do not wiegh much right? Here is a question, does it have a plate the underside and how deep is it? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X