Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK cool thanks for that info. I will keep those in mind. Hey do you think they will make my lil jeep look smaller. I only run 31s on a 2in BB. I guess what i am asking will they look to big or dorf my jeep as far as looks.

Comment

I had the Body Armor ones on my Rubi and like mrthieba I ran them under the stock Rubi sliders that don't offer much protection. I used the hell out of the Body Armor ones and they held up well to several hard hits, I dented the tube on one, but it did what it was supposed to do and protected the Jeep. Now that being said, I ended up replacing them with Rokmen sliders and couldn't be happier with them. A couple things I didn't like about the Body Armor . . . they hang down lower than a body mounted slider so you end up banging them on a bunch of stuff that you would clear with the body mounted ones . . . but the deal breaker for me was after going thru everything imaginable trying to track down the clunk I was having for months, I finally realized that it was the stupid BA slider whacking the stock Rubi slider when I'd go over bumps, etc. I was so pissed after checking U-joints, bushings, and everything else I could think of I ripped them off and bought a set of Rokmen sliders. The Rokmen sliders are sweet . . . very similar to the Rock-It Man ones where they go under almost to the frame, wheelwell to wheelwell, and up to the door sil. I should have got them to begin with but at the time I just got my Rubi and the thought of drilling holes in the tub was too much . . . that thought passes pretty quick. My advice is to go with a good body mounted slider and be done with it for good.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Rokmens are nice, That is good info about hitting everything do to hanging lower. And its said it was vibrating and hitting the body. Thats I narrowed down. Body mount sliders. NOW which ones HUMM ?

Comment

Hey what do you think about rugged rigde step/ slider,as shown below. I seen these at CSEoffroad, they are 3/16 thick, body mount with a Lil 2in step. Kinda a A to Z fab look a like or the ones at bigdaddy offroad. Or would it be beter to go with a straight L angle at 1/4 thick, no step or bar.
          Last edited by quicksand97; 02-02-11, 02:19 PM.

Comment

What do you guys think or know about these.

Comment

Schmo,,,those are your old BA sliders that I cut and welded. I really like how they turned out. They fit snug against my Rubi ones and I've never heard a clunk from them.
              Mat

Comment

I had mine on when my Jeep was stock, I don't think it looked any "smaller", and yes, I think body mounted are the way to go.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Thanks!

So Bob, been readin along and now I want sliders. I currently have the old style nerf bars and I hit EVERYTHING. Went to 4WD Parts to buy the Warn sliders today, but they have to order -- so, I waited. They want $299 before tax. I'm thinking a slider with a small step angled up would be best. I'm same size as you, don't think it would look too big. Anyway, let me know what u pick - I may PM u for ur reaction after u install.

Comment

O you went with the warn sliders, cool. I wish you the best, let us know how they work out and maybe send us some pics. As far as sliders for me I will have to wait a while for more funds. Just spent 20,000 dollars for wifes extensive dental work. Funds are gonna be tight for awhile. O let me say tighter.

Comment

No, I didn't order the Warn. Decided to wait to see what u chose, but guess ur in limbo for the moment. At least her teeth look nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrthieba View Post
                        Schmo,,,those are your old BA sliders that I cut and welded. I really like how they turned out. They fit snug against my Rubi ones and I've never heard a clunk from them.
                        Mat
                        LOL . . . small world!!! Yeah they worked well for me but I was tracking that clunk down for months and when I figured out that it was just the sliders hitting each other, they had to go, more out of frustration from chasing the stupid clunk than any other reason.
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
                          No, I didn't order the Warn. Decided to wait to see what u chose, but guess ur in limbo for the moment. At least her teeth look nice!!
                          Teeth still under construction, It will take a series of procedures. She wont be done for another 5 months. Dont wait for me its gonna be awhile. But I will make a choice for my wish list before then. Unless I find that money tree overnight. I have some quick discos I got for xmas I have not installed yet. Gotta find the time.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the Smittybilt XRC's-- I like the step and I have the frt bumper, which I really like.

Comment

Thats cool, they do look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
                                I'm leaning towards the Smittybilt XRC's-- I like the step and I have the frt bumper, which I really like.
                                I have the Smitty's. I like the texture coat finish. They work great. Slammed them quite a few times. Did there job every time, and are still straight
                                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                                X