Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running out of places to armor. And I dont think I will be making anything big. Just little stuff here and there. And I have been looking at suspension stuff.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

So now I am gonna take those fenders off and cut out the sides and put some metal grate looking material in there. kinda like these

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=TFFXXXX
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
        So now I am gonna take those fenders off and cut out the sides and put some metal grate looking material in there. kinda like these

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=TFFXXXX
        Fender idea is cool, like the way thay look, but do the vents serve a purpose.
        Under a black flag we shall sail.

Comment

probably vents. but I liked the way it looked. And is a free mod. Just time. I have all the material and tools.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Didn't know if thay might vent heat from eng. compartment, thay do look cool.

Comment

I am sure they do something. just dont know how much. I guess any heat out of there is worth it during the summer.
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

U said it, im thinking of wrapping my muffler and cat with some sort of heat wrap, like i used on my header. The heat from under is harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Hoppe Jr View Post
                  U said it, im thinking of wrapping my muffler and cat with some sort of heat wrap, like i used on my header. The heat from under is harsh.
                  I used to ride street bikes and go to the track quite a bit. And I remember hearing something about the pipewrap crystalizing the pipes or something. Anyways you might want to research it.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                    I used to ride street bikes and go to the track quite a bit. And I remember hearing something about the pipewrap crystalizing the pipes or something. Anyways you might want to research it.
                    An old bud of mine Steve (use to race dirt bikes) said something like that, still need to stop heat from coming up through the floors, sometimes it's to much. It wasen't so bad till exhaust upgrade.
                    Last edited by Daniel Hoppe Jr; 07-01-08, 07:28 PM. Reason: mist a word.

Comment

Well I pulled the interior out and did the tub liner. Came out great I have done that before. Might help with some heat. Also did the top rim in back and the door jambs up front going to outside the jeep.

I also started the side vents. Spent some time cutting out and grinding smooth. Came out good. Also cut out the aluminun mesh that will go there.

Will complete the divers side tomorrow. Needs some finishing work. And reinstall the fender as well. Here is some pics.

It doesn't look straight in the pics but it is. Will take some better ones tomorrow.
                      Last edited by womb raider 940; 07-08-08, 09:29 PM.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Look great, i don,t like cutting my jeep, but those i like. thay might be some thing to do for others local. $$

Comment

Damn dude you make me feel really lazy You're averaging about 3 mods per week. Dare I ask . . . what's next?:dunno: Looking good . . . I bet it'll look real nice with your silver Jeep. Seeing how much armor you've got, it needed a bit of silver back into the mix for contrast!
                          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                            Damn dude you make me feel really lazy You're averaging about 3 mods per week. Dare I ask . . . what's next?:dunno: Looking good . . . I bet it'll look real nice with your silver Jeep. Seeing how much armor you've got, it needed a bit of silver back into the mix for contrast!
                            Yeah was gonna leave it aluminum. I almost finished tonight but had to get a tool. Will install it tomorrow. Is a cheap free mod. We can do it to your stock ones Joe.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Donde estan los fotos?
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

tienes bonita boca

Hey umm they are finished but have to find time to install them today. They came out pretty good.
                                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                                X