Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note to self. Ask around when getting stuff done first.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

So they were supposed to be ready this morning and again they are not. I wish people were on time when they promise them.

Anyways so got some control arm skids. And welded them on today. Came out pretty good.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

SWEET I really want to do that to mine too. Those things are flimsy.
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I welded them inside and out. I believe they measured 4x5. And had to clean the area and grind down the twisted metal. I need to test them out and see if they hold up. Hopefully I will be doing a trail this weekend.
            Last edited by womb raider 940; 06-26-08, 08:01 PM.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

:gun::hijack: Are you ever going to change your avatar??? You've got this crazy radical Jeep, but a stocker poser pic for your avatar . . . what's up with that? Don't some of your knee high hos know how to work a camara?:hijack::gun:
              Last edited by Schmo; 06-27-08, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                :gun::hijack: camara?:hijack::gun:
                what's a camara???
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                  what's a camara???
                  It's one of those things you traded in for the sawzall, welder, and grinder......Poor knee highs.

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
                    It's one of those things you traded in for the sawzall, welder, and grinder......Poor knee highs.
                    I think he traded a couple of them in too!!!

So where are the pics of the final product?

Nice Avatar :wink:

Comment

So anyways got the tube fenders installed. Put them in and then had to run and get the turn signals. Got them in and looks great. All in all I think it makes the old womb raider ten times better. Now I have to get some bigger tires to fill in the space. Maybe some 37's.

Will get some pics tomorrow. Am happy with the way it looks.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

The Womb Raider is well on it's way to becoming a hard core rock buggie . . . nice work Josh! Now you'll have to change your avatar agian

I was thinking about the sway bar removal this morning . . . from now on, do you plan on trailering it everywhere? Seems like it might be a hassle to have to get a trailer and all if you just want to run up to Miller or Rowher once it's open. Are you planning to just take it easy and deal with the body roll for the more local trips?

Comment

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Josh!!!! You,re freakin killin me... Wow bro your Jeep went from David Banner to the Increadible Hulk..what a transformation, looks awsome, Josh you still gonna run with us MIDGETS???lol..Great job..Geeb
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                              Josh!!!! You,re freakin killin me... Wow bro your Jeep went from David Banner to the Increadible Hulk..what a transformation, looks awsome, Josh you still gonna run with us MIDGETS???lol..Great job..Geeb
                              Of course man. I am working on my welding skills. I wanna do suspension next. I kinda wished I invested in that first instead of all the bs stuff on my jeep. Like coilovers, 37's and such.

Anyways I tried to do some welding on Joe's jeep but I guess he thinks that I can't.

Anyways am going to shredder tomorrow.
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                                I am working on my welding skills.

Anyways I tried to do some welding on Joe's jeep but I guess he thinks that I can't.

HUH:dunno: I don't recall that conversation

You should practice welding and make some armor while you're at it. There's got to be some designs that we could find online . . . we could even crawl under some jeeps with some of the stuff we like, jot down the specs and use that as a jumping off point. I saw a write up from a guy that made his own Skid Row-esque Engine skid and just bought the mounting hardware from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X