Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Land Rover owner, but admirer of MJR

Hey folks, I'm a member of www.sclr.org (Southern California Land Rover), and I thought I would register here and let you all know how much I appreciate your site. Your trail info and photos are fantastic. MJR is a great resource and has frequently been cited by members of my club.

You guys rock!...but I guess you already knew that :-)

Anyway, cheers!

Nathan Woods

PS: I'm gonna try Odessa and Doran this weekend with some other Rovers...though I am planning on using the bypass at the Gatekeeper :-)
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Thank you! Your rig rocks too

Welcome.

Sarah
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

welcome! rove on......lol
      Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
        Hey folks, I'm a member of www.sclr.org (Southern California Land Rover), and I thought I would register here and let you all know how much I appreciate your site. Your trail info and photos are fantastic. MJR is a great resource and has frequently been cited by members of my club.

You guys rock!...but I guess you already knew that :-)

Anyway, cheers!

Nathan Woods

PS: I'm gonna try Odessa and Doran this weekend with some other Rovers...though I am planning on using the bypass at the Gatekeeper :-)
        Nice rig! Don't worry about bypassing gatekeeper, I'm sure most people over here would too... Just not those crazy people that go to JV all the time...

EDIT: In fact, here's another that (like me) wouldn't even think about doing gatekeeper...:
        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=32

I'll do it some day, but my rig, or me, are not nearly ready!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

welcome and thanks for the accolades. i'll have to say it's good to see someone actually taking their LR3 out of the urban jungle...!! it's a rare sight these days.
          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, my LR3 has been pleasingly capable, and always comfortable. I'm still regularly schooled by the Jeeps on the harder trails, but for what I need, it does the job.

Thus far I've been on Cleghorn a number of times, Nightmare Gulch, Last Chance Canyon, Azusa, Rincon, a few trails in Anza (but not the fun one's yet!), Pismo, Gorman, Wildomar, Bird Springs Pass, John Bull trail, all over Joshua Tree (including the remote northeast BLM portion), Mammoth Lakes, White Mountains (what a spectacular place!), a few places around Randstown & Trona, and my most fun trip thus far was Moab.

I'm always on the lookout for more trails and more runs here in SoCal. However, I think for me to really run the same trails most Jeeps are capable of with minimal upgrades, I would need about 6" more inches of lift, a true locker in the rear, about 15" more inches of articulation, steel bumpers, and 33's.

But hey, if you ever see me on the trail and need some Grey Poupon, I'm you're guy :-)

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

with a lift, and some bigger tires your rover would be even more kickass than it already is. I LOVE seeing guys who aren't afraid to wheel their landrovers. Seems they've become street queens these days, and are getting away from their roots. But your rover rocks! And even with some minimal upgrades, you rover could rock even harder (I almost got one...till I learned the guy was lying about a blown headgasket)
              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                Thanks guys.

Yeah, my LR3 has been pleasingly capable, and always comfortable. I'm still regularly schooled by the Jeeps on the harder trails, but for what I need, it does the job.

Thus far I've been on Cleghorn a number of times, Nightmare Gulch, Last Chance Canyon, Azusa, Rincon, a few trails in Anza (but not the fun one's yet!), Pismo, Gorman, Wildomar, Bird Springs Pass, John Bull trail, all over Joshua Tree (including the remote northeast BLM portion), Mammoth Lakes, White Mountains (what a spectacular place!), a few places around Randstown & Trona, and my most fun trip thus far was Moab.

I'm always on the lookout for more trails and more runs here in SoCal. However, I think for me to really run the same trails most Jeeps are capable of with minimal upgrades, I would need about 6" more inches of lift, a true locker in the rear, about 15" more inches of articulation, steel bumpers, and 33's.

But hey, if you ever see me on the trail and need some Grey Poupon, I'm you're guy :-)
                I love your sense of humor! Some people with Land Rovers think they're sooo much better than Jeeps and just like to talk trash. The facts: Land Rovers are VERY capable, although not quite as capable as a Jeep. Land Rovers cost a hell of a lot more than a Jeep. Land rovers are WAYYYYY nicer than a Jeep!

Rock on! Hope to see you on the trail! I'm still stock and my Jeep will go more places then I'm willing to try!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  The facts: Land Rovers are VERY capable, although not quite as capable as a Jeep.
                  my $0.02:
                  older range rovers/discovery's have solid axles front and rear, center locking diff, 3.2:1 TC gearing, very strong fully floating stock axles, and likely more clearance than a TJ with the airbags inflated all the way (range rover only..??).

defender 90/110: likely more capable than a TJ off the showroom floor. these things are pretty unbelievable.

new LR3, Range Rover, range rover sport: pretty awesome traction control systems, but low clearance and IFS/IRS. great for muddy roads and moderate wheeling off the showroom floor without any mods.

problem is that just slightly more than 0% of land rover owners drive them off pavement.

you should set up a run on the board, i'd love to kick it with some rovers for a weekend.
                  03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                    you should set up a run on the board, i'd love to kick it with some rovers for a weekend.
                    make sure you run tail gunner. the TJ is nowhere near sufficient as an anchor point to recover these things after they get high centered on the first simple obstical of the day. they are simply just to damn heavy.

enjoy. :yay: :cactus:
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                      -Bob
                      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                        make sure you run tail gunner. the TJ is nowhere near sufficient as an anchor point to recover these things after they get high centered on the first simple obstical of the day. they are simply just to damn heavy.

That ain't no joke! How many TJ's did we strap together to use as an anchor when Mikes disco was laying on its belly? 4????
                        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes View Post
                          That ain't no joke! How many TJ's did we strap together to use as an anchor when Mikes disco was laying on its belly? 4????
                          yup, I think it was 4.
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I have pictures of that

Goodtimes...lol

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post

Or like to be in the way going up Miller:poop: :poop:
                              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Working...
                              X